Thursday, March 21, 2013

It's all about the lighting!

I've noticed as I've gotten older that there is no such thing as to much lighting.  And I've been struggling in my sewing room with the issue of not enough light.  Well all of that will be remedied tomorrow when our friend Arlin, an electrician comes to install 6 lights in my room, and as he said - light it up like a Christmas tree for me.  Since he did all the lighting in our shop/garage and we were so happy with that, I'm sure my room is going to be amazing when he gets done.

Here is a "before" picture - Just one little light in the middle of the room:



I also went to the doc today about my ankle and I am allowed to ditch the big and heavy boot/air cast and now have a smaller, support to wear and exercises to do.  I see him again in 4 weeks.  The ankle is looking good and feeling so much better.


I also had to ask him about my very painful right big toe.  Well it turns out I have arthritis in it and so guess who got a cortisone shot today - in the toe - OUCH!!  I hope this does the trick cuz the toe hurts like crazy and now with the cortisone shot, well it's an angry toe at the moment.  My arthritis started in my early 30's and never considered that my darn toes would get it too.  Darn toes, weren't my hands enough.  Anyhow, now you know, shots in the toe joint hurt like holy heckola - try to avoid them if you can!!


Not much sewing today, we went out to lunch with a bunch of folks CR used to work with - every month they have a retiree's lunch and get together to catch up.  It was a nice time.  Then it was off to my doctors appointment.  Now I think it's time to put my poor toe up in the air and read and relax.

Tomorrow I get my new lights while I'm out with my friend Kelly (she taught me to quilt - best gift a friend has ever given to me).  We are going out to lunch and then to the local quilt show.  I've missed the last two years because of my cancer, and I am so excited to go this year.

Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tam

No comments: