Friday, March 29, 2013

Painting

The weather has turned warm.  It is heavenly, no jacket needed or at best a light jacket.  Soon it will be time to open windows and enjoy the fresh air before the heat of summer arrives.  And when that happens, this girl is gonna get to painting.

I'm going to paint our main bathroom a light lavender.  Right now it's a bland peachy color.  I received this beautiful soap dish from a friend and it got me thinking - dark purple and forest green towels and a light lavender on the walls


Here is the wall color, not to dark, but very soft and will look beautiful I think.

 
I also plan to paint the kitchen. Since I'm a green lover, I have a lot of green accents in my kitchen.  Currently the walls are your basic off white color, but soon they will be this color:


A real light sage green, just a bit of color, but nothing to drastic.

The other room that I must paint, especially after the electricians got done in there - my sewing room.  I'm leaning toward a light and very happy yellow, but we shall see.  I'm tired of bland off white walls and want a bit of color.  That said, I don't want the color to be to dark and smack me in the face either.

I'm sure I'll post about the torture of painting once it begins, right now it's just in the planning stages.  I need to be able to have the windows open for these jobs - between asthma and the fact that I'm not fond of paint smells, it's a must.

Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tam

1 comment:

Candace said...

Happy Painting, Tammy! We have quite a lot of interesting colors in our house and we love them all! I opened our back door today - don't you just love it? I think we might be in for a hot, hot summer!
Cheers!