Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Progress Report

The quilt for our bed is coming along nicely.  Today I put together the light fabric nine patch squares:


And I got the strips sewn and cut to put together the dark nine patch squares:


I also have a couple of cool, new to me, gadgets in my sewing room:


The one on the left was given to me by my friend Kelly.  It's magnetic and slaps around the wrist and holds the pins on the magnetic circle part.  It's made by Clover.  The other is a magnetic dish that you can find at car parts stores.  It's a really strong magnet and holds a lot of pins.  I still keep both in a small tote, because I have 2 cats who make it their mission to see what is out and try to bring it to me as a gift.  Yep I will wake up and find a spool of thread, small scissors, fabric, you name, usually in front of the bedroom door.  We also come home to find CR's slippers in front of the entry door waiting for his return.  My black cat - Chanceman loves to bestow gifts and goes to great lengths to do so.  So I have to keep things tucked away or in places he can't get to, especially in my sewing room.

I went out shopping for a bit today.  I needed some jean capri's.  Since when did jean capri's become so expensive?  Some of them are 60 dollars and higher.  Am I cheap or is that a bit much.  I found some that were 31, but they didn't fit well.  I did end up finding a pair of white capri's - jeans, for 27.00 at Penny's and they fit really nicely.  I'm waiting for a sale to get dark denim.  I remember in High School there were these jeans that were all the rage and they were 28 dollars, well according to my Grandma, that was ridiculous, and guess who didn't get them.  Nowadays that is dirt cheap.  I know so many people who pay 100.00 for a pair of jeans and say it's worth it to get a good fit.  Well I can get a good fit for a lot less, but it takes some work to find them.  I favor Levi's and typically the price isn't to bad and you can find good sales.

Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tam


2 comments:

Candace said...

That's going to be a very pretty quilt, Tammy! We're learning quickly about Sasha and her "gifting", too! I found binding clips all over the floor the other morning. Buttoning things up at night is a very good thing ;>) Glad you found some capris that fit - aren't prices terrible? I've not paid $100 for jeans yet, but come pretty close.
Cheers!

Sweet Tea said...

I vote for a good fit at a decent price. Doesn't seem like too much to ask, does it? Love the colors & patterns of the quilt - it's gonna be beautiful!