Friday, March 22, 2013

Scenes from the Quilt Show

What a wonderful day.  I went to lunch with my good friend Kelly and her friend Leslie, then it was off to a fantastic afternoon at our local Quilt Show and the quilts were so beautiful.  I didn't take a picture of all of them, but I took many pictures.  Here are a few of my favorites:

























My goodness the talented people who create all that beauty.  It was so much fun to see and be inspired.  Not all the quilts were colors I would have chosen, but all of them were beautiful in design.  My friends tried to convince me that I should enter one of my quilts, but I feel so inferior when I see the craftsmanship I saw today.  Perhaps next year I might get brave.  The merchants were pretty good this year too, lots of fun stuff to see.  I bought a quilt kit and a couple of patterns that I really liked.

My big toe is still smarting from the cortisone shot it got yesterday, but I was walking a lot easier than before the shot, so it must be doing me some good.  And it will only get better in the next few days.

When I left to meet my friends the electrician was hard at work putting in my new lights.  Tomorrow I'll show you a before and after picture.  I'm am so thrilled - the light in that room is AMAZING!!

Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tam

2 comments:

Joanna Jenkins said...

Oh Tammy, you had me at "quilt show". What a glorious collection of colors and workmanship! (Jealous!)

Hopefully by the time you read this your toe will be feeling much better. Those shots hurt but in time they are a lifesaver!

I'll be watching for the new lights.

Happy weekend, xo jj

black bear cabin said...

i love all the photos you shared on facebook! it looks like you and i had a few of the same favs :) what a fun day...thanks for sharing!