Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Bird Bath Bingo

Yesterday I was busy (bored) taking my 3 hour computer training for my Class 12 License in the State of WA to serve alcohol.  No, I'm not becoming a bartender.  I am going to do a special pouring event at a friends function involving wineries and to be legal, I needed my class 12 license.  I'd also like to work a bit at my very favorite winery - Alexandria Nicole Cellars and the tasting room manager was excited that I was getting my license so I could work special events there.  I would love that, not the every day - just special events, my kind of job!!

Anyhow at the end of the training, CR came in and was telling me that Scotchie was just mesmerized watching the birds in our bird bath, so I grabbed my camera and this is what I found:

Oh the concentration
Suddenly he realizes I'm there with that darn camera and he's looking at me like - hey don't scare my birds

The sparrows were flying about and really enjoying the bird bath

At times the splashing got out of hand

Mr. and Mrs. Quail had enough of that craziness and decided to leave

The splashing continued - "those two were just to uptight for our party"


I looked out our other window and saw this plump fellow and his wife off to
 the left out of camera range enjoying the day in our yard.
We bought that molded leaf bird bath last year and boy do the birds love it and the quail love to drink out of it.  It's been fun for all and the cats are hypnotized by all the frolicking and bird activity.

I've been under the weather the last couple of days.  Today I hope to get the walls washed and some paint on them too.  That kitchen isn't gonna paint itself, darn it!!  I certainly thought I'd be further along rather than just starting.  Oh well, today is a new day and I'm ready to get going!!

Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tam






5 comments:

Jennifer said...

That is so funny! Your sparrows look exactly like ours. Maddie looks very gorgeous too with her new haircut, you can tell her I said so.

Jennifer said...

That is so funny! Your sparrows look exactly like ours. Maddie looks very gorgeous too with her new haircut, you can tell her I said so.

Sweet Tea said...

It's Spring and all the critters are out - great photo op's.

Joanna Jenkins said...

Hi Tammy, Hope you're feeling better by the time you read this.

Working at a winery would be fun! And you're a great friend to get licensed to volunteer at a friend's event.

Scotchie is so beautiful sitting there in the window!

xo jj

Joanna Jenkins said...

PS AWESOME job on your quilt. It's gorgeous!