Tuesday, May 28, 2013

A Fun Memorial Holiday Weekend

We had such a fun weekend.  Saturday we attended an event called Revelry on Red Mountain held at the very beautiful and exclusive Col Solare Winery.  I say exclusive because I've not gone to taste their wines.  I was told that to taste at their winery cost a person $25.00.  Ouch, am I cheap or is that expensive.  Their wines are delicious, but in the $80.00 a bottle range, gosh I have expensive taste!! The winery is practically on top of the Red Mountain and the views are gorgeous.  There were 24 wineries at the event and the food was catered by Olives, a company out of Walla Walla and may I just say it was fantastic.  It was a gourmet spread to say the least.  Good thing with all that wine flowing freely - a person needed a full stomach and no one walked away thirsty or hungry.  We discovered several wineries we'd never tried and really liked, some were rather expensive ($80.00 a bottle), some were not ($20.00 a bottle).  The tickets to the event were $95.00 a price which I thought at first might be a bit high, but considering the evening and all that it was, the price was not bad at all.  Our friend Ken treated us to the event and we couldn't thank him enough for such a fun time.  Oh and you should have seen the desert table, oy vey, if you're a chocolate lover, it was a dream come true.  Cliff and I both would like to go next year we enjoyed it so much!!  Here are a few pictures from the winery and at the event that I took on my cell phone:


Cliff and Ken - enjoying wines and views
 
Cliff coming from the food and tasting area - he had to refill his glass
 
Ken following him with a refilled glass
Cliff clowning around - see the lady in the pink shirt, wish I could remember her
name.  She came to sit with us and her husband was one of the people in our area
who got the wine industry started.  She was thrilled to see all the wineries and interest!!
 
The tables were set up so nicely and they each had a couple of potted grape vines.
 
Beautiful views of the grape fields surrounding the winery

More views and apparently a bit of my fat finger
 
Sunset
On Sunday and Monday we took it easy and slow.  Cliff worked on getting our new locking mailbox installed:


We were so lucky with our weather for the Saturday event.  It was warm, but mild and no rain.  Because on Sunday and Monday it was all about grey skies and rain.  Today is sunny but breezy, in the low 70's and by Thursday we should warm up to normal temps and plenty of sunshine I hope.

While Cliff was busy working on the mailbox, I was in my lovely sewing studio creating a new quilt.  I'm getting close to having pictures to share, but until then, tell me what you did for your holiday weekend.  Did you camp, get together with family, BBQ, I'd love to hear what you were up to!!

Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tam

4 comments:

Candace said...

Looks like a lot of fun, Tammy! We just puttered around the house and made ribs and coleslaw yesterday!
Cheers!

Jennifer said...

What a fun weekend! Love that flash new mailbox too, I haven't seen one like it before.

Lady of the Cloth said...

Yup, we had an exciting weekend alright. We put tile down in our bathroom that we have been remodelingmformway too long. We didn't finish it and during the week, DH doesn't have much time. Remodeling is the pits . I told DH, no more projects that involve tearing the house apart. Since he does the work himself because the budget doesn't allow hiring it done, it drags out. It looks like you had more fun than we did!

Joanna Jenkins said...

Hi Tammy, This looks like my kind of outing and I don't even drink! The views are beautiful and they had lots of chocolate! Perfect. Glad you had a great time.

As for Honor Flight-- Do it!! I think you'd be really impressed with how well organized the operation is and how heart-felt and touching it is to see the Vets.

Take care, xo jj