Thursday, May 16, 2013

Folding Fabric

My friend Carline from Lady of the Cloth blog responded to my last blog post and told me a neat little trick, using my 6.5 by 24 inch ruler to fold my fabric so it looks nice on my new shelves.  I can't thank you enough Carline for the great advice.  Here are the before and after pictures:

Before - everything was on the shelf by color, but the piles were a mess.
 
Now, the shelves are so nice and beautiful looking, and there is actually
more room - I could buy more fabric - just don't tell CR, ha ha!!

And we also got the art work hung around the room - here is a new picture looking into the room from the door:


I just love my new space and it feels so good - clean and organized and a place where you can play and create.  I just have to keep it that way and I'm sure I will, I've wanted this for a long time.


One thing I had really wanted to do away with is the two plastic drawer units I had under my table.  I use the table for putting my make up on each morning - wait, I don't wear it every day anymore, but you get the idea.  The problem was I had a lot of small sizes of fabric and fat quarters and they needed a place to go where I could keep them organized as well.  So the drawers had to stay.  Still have my old curtains up, need to make my yellow with white polka dot curtains now that I'm organized.


While folding my fabric I ran across this fabric and I thought it would be perfect to use for pillow covers for the pillows I put on my Grandmas Cedar Chest in the other room.  They have a bit of punch to them so they'll brighten up the area.  After I make my curtains, this is next on my list to do.  We still have a bit of painting to do, but it won't be nearly the work that the bathroom, kitchen and my sewing room were, thank goodness!!

Last week it was so hot here I thought I'd die, it was in the 90's which is way to hot for this time of year.  Thankfully this week has backed off to normal temps around 76 or so.  It's nice to have the windows open rather than the air conditioning on - especially when there is still painting to be done.

So what are you working on and how is your weather??

Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tam




1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Tammy, your sewing room is lovely! Those fabrics will make cushions too. Weather today is coll, not quite cold, and partly cloudy - good for staying indoors and sewing, but alas there is food shopping to be done!