Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Mother Nature Has Turned on the Heat

Wow, we went from cool to darn hot in a matter of days.  I need more time to adjust to almost 90 degree temps, but guess I'm not going to get that time, cuz here they are!!

Today has been a wonderful, and hot day.  We started out the morning slowly - someone was really hurting from cleaning out her sewing room and being off balance with the air cast boot.  So once the Tylenol kicked in and I could move easier we got going and went to lunch with some friends.  Then we went to our favorite nursery and bought the plants for the deck planters.  I always plant million belles and geraniums in the planters.  They're easy to care for and don't require a lot of fussy work to keep them blooming.  I am not a green thumb kinda gal!!

Madison got a bully stick to chew on in the shade and I went to work planting. 

Here is my handy work and my little helper:

 








 
We have two other "contained" flower gardens - The first picture is one we are doing a lot of replanting in, and the buckets in front of it have decorative grasses:

 
Our more shaded flower area with a beautiful Japanese Tree and hydrangeas and some roses:

 
The greeting committee at our front door.  I have a lot of frogs that I put out on the deck each year.


So how is the weather where you are at and what is blooming??

Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tam

5 comments:

Sweet Tea said...

We've had lots of rain but today we returned to what is "normal" for us this time of the year, low 80's and sunshine. Love the placement of your planters - they will be overflowing with blooms in a few weeks. Your "helper" is a cutie!

Lady of the Cloth said...

I spent my day doing the same thing. I planted 6-8 pots with Martha Washington geraniums with petunias, lobelia and coleus to fill in. I also planted two new to me tomatoes, a yellow, called lemon boy and an heirloom called pineapple something. My son lives in the tie cities so I have been getting a daily text on the temps over there. Here on the Wet side of WA we have had high 70's and 80's. not too bad.

Jennifer said...

Love all those pots! I know geraniums of course, but what are million belles?

Candace said...

Such a lovely, park-like yard, Tammy! I bet I know what your favorite nursery is (wink). Love this weather - bring it on, I say!
Cheers!

Joanna Jenkins said...

Hi Tammy, I just caught up on your posts. Really sorry to hear about your foot in the boot for 4 weeks and not being able to drive! Yikes. That is not a picnic. I hope the time flies.

But, you sure aren't using that boot as an excuse not to get work done- You have been very busy! I am so impressed and a bit jealous at all your progress. Painting AND your sewing room cleaned out. That is A LOT.

And I have to give you a great big THANK YOU for showing all your sewing room stuff. It didn't make me feel nearly as bad for having so much fabric of my own ;-) In fact, I might even need to buy a little more just to keep up with you. At least that's my shopping excuse and I'm sticking with it.

Take good care. xo jj