Sunday, May 19, 2013

Our Rhododendron

Our Rhodie is blooming away and looking so beautiful this year, so I thought I'd share some pictures:

Scotchie is watching me out the bedroom window.
 
 
Now he's spotted a bird - probably a quail
 
 
 
 
I remember 30 years ago it was maybe 2 feet tall, not full at all and had 3 blooms on it.
We attended the funeral of our friend yesterday.  Such a sad occasion and so difficult to see the pain her husband was in.  She was very loved and based on the way her whole family spoke about her and the friends who got up to speak, what a testament and a legacy she's left.  We can all only hope to have touched people in the way that she did.

I must do my checkbook today and then I need to get the 2 huge bags of scraps I've been saving and cut them into strips to make a few scrappy quilts.  I really like the scrappy quilts that are on Bonnie Hunters Blog and Website - Quiltville.com

Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tam

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

What a beautiful rhodie......such a pretty colour! So sorry about your friend, sometimes life just doesn't seem fair.