Wednesday, June 26, 2013

27 Pounds

Today, it was grey and rainy, but we didn't let that stop us.  We went to our favorite Organic Blueberry Farm in Burbank and we picked 27 pounds of blueberries.  I've been washing and drying and preparing them for the freezer ever since:


I package them in small ziplocs, a heaping 2 cups each and then put 3 small ziplocs to a gallon size bag.  Well they're not all here, nope, 4 cups are missing, they are here:


Ready for the blueberry pie I promised CR for all his hard work.  We have a friend who says he can't get more than 5 pounds in a bucket at the farm when he picks - he reads my blog so I'm picking on him, because I never pick less than 7 pounds when I pick.  CR usually can get about 6.5 pounds in his bucket.  I must be an over achiever, ha ha.

Before we picked the berries we went to my friend Mary's house.  She recently had back surgery and she's looking better and moving a bit better, but it's going to be a long recovery.  She's restricted in a lot of movement and I think I mentioned that before her surgery her one leg went numb because a nerve was being crushed, well she's still having the numb issue, although not as bad.  I told her that a nerve can take a year to heal, so she is going to have to be patient.  Anyhow, I took her a plate of yesterdays cookies to cheer her up.  And I think it did bring some cheer.  It's so hard to not be able to do much of anything and it gets old fast.

I wish I was telling you all I'd lost 27 pounds, but alas no, however I'm on my treadmill now 5 to 6 days a week for 30 to 40 minutes, not going as fast as I did, but I'm making progress a little at a time.  I had to take today off my shin was hurting and so I figured it might need a rest - tomorrow is another day.  I'll turn my weight gain around and it as well as the last 2 years of struggling will be a distant memory someday in my near future.

Sadly I didn't get into my sewing room today to start on that new quilt.  Maybe tomorrow.  The weather man says it's going to get hot and be in the 100's by the weekend.  But he also said today was going to be in the 80's and a very low chance of rain.  Hmmmm, those weather men certainly have trouble getting it right.  I so much prefer a slow build up of heat rather than cold, then instant hot, but apparently mother nature doesn't care about what I prefer.

Oh and something exciting.  One of our trips this summer will be to see our good friends Robyn and Gerald.  I'm also going to meet up with Carline a blog friend from that area as well.  I'm super excited.  And before I meet up with her she'll be going to the Sisters, OR quilt show - so hopefully she'll tell me all about it.  I've been once and it was so much fun. 

What are your plans for the summer and do they involve travel??

Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tam

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

It's grey and raining here today too! Those berries look so good, don't they. You have started back on your journey, and that's the main thing......even if it's a slow start, it's a start.

Lady of the Cloth said...

Yummy blueberries. I don 't wash mine before freezing and it sure is easy. The blueberry growers say that is the preferred method. The ones I get haven't been sprayed though. I am looking forward to both the quilt show and meeting you.

Candace said...

Look at all those blueberries! Ours are just now coming on - we get about two cups a day! I agree - the weathermen can't get it straight these days - but one thing for sure - it's HOT!
Cheers!

Jackie said...

It's supposed to be a completely rainy weekend here so we're planning on getting some Redbox movies. For the summer, the nieces are coming. We take more vacation in the fall when it's still so very hot here but not so hot everywhere else.

I'm sure CR is going to enjoy that pie!