Saturday, June 8, 2013

Friends In Need

The other day I went to visit a good friend who recently had back surgery.  Poor thing was hurting and it's been a rough road.  Her left leg went numb on her for a couple of weeks before the surgery.  All because a piece of her spine broke off and was pinching something and lord, it makes me grateful I only have a sore toe to deal with.  So because of her surgery and because everyone deserves to eat something delish when recuperating, I baked her a pound cake with cream cheese frosting:


You'd think I never baked for CR, he didn't want to cake to go and told me to tell Mary if she didn't want it, he'd eat it.  Funny man!!

Today I'm baking Triple Lemon Bars to take to a friends house for dinner tonight.  Tomorrow I've promised to bake CR a rhubarb pie.

I also have to finish up a birthday gift that needs to be quilted.  I've had it ready for a while, but then we painted my sewing room and I forgot about it and the birthday is this coming week and it has to be mailed.  Yikes, I feel behind and I thought I was so on top of things.

I'll post a picture of the lemon bars tomorrow.

Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tam

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I bet your house smells good with all that baking.....no wonder CR wanted some!

Jackie said...

Poor CR! My heart just breaks from him never getting home baked goods. :)

Candace said...

Mr. Squash says his back hurts ;>)
Cheers!