Tuesday, June 18, 2013

S. E. W.

The other day I went to Hobby Lobby and found big letters on sale for 50% off - making them $1.50 a piece.  So I picked up 3 letters for my sewing room and CR put them up today:


I've been in my room a lot sewing pillow cases to go with, but not match our new quilt.  I don't like things to be to matchy-matchy - just blend.





Today I put clean sheets on the bed and put our new quilt on it as well.  What a sense of accomplishment I feel.  CR loves the quilt as much as I do.

I still need to do something with all those raspberries we picked.  Tomorrow I'm making muffins I can freeze.  Always nice to have things like that in the freezer to take on fishing trips - which by the way we've scheduled for August.  We're also going to the Portland, OR area and visit friends in July.  And I have my next cancer check up on August 15th at 11am.  A busy couple of months ahead, with lots of fun things in the works.

So what are your vacation plans for the summer??

Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tam

4 comments:

Candace said...

Perfect letters for your sewing room! Love the pillowcases, too! We'll be headed over to Sequim for a few days next month, Fishing the Yakima in July sand who knows from there...
Cheers!

Lady of the Cloth said...

I put my raspberries on a cookie sheet and freeze them, then put them in bags to use throughout the year. I also read last year to rinse berries with water and a little white vinegar and it sure keeps mold at bay. I had strawberries last a week by doing that where otherwise one day is all they last.. I wish we could meet while you are in the Portland area, maybe if I get over your way to see my son we can.

Jennifer said...

Great choice of fabric for your pillow cases! I'm glad you bought a W and not an X......

Sweet Tea said...

I have a "thang" for pretty pillowcases - yours are beautiful. Your bedroom is gonna be so pretty with the new quilt. You have done a GREAT job and now you get to enjoy the "fruit of your labor"...S.E.W. perfect (the letters in your sewing room)