Sunday, June 16, 2013

The Big Reveal

Here it is - the moment I've been waiting for - a chance to show you the quilt for our bed.  It still needs binding, but I can't wait for that to show you how gorgeous it turned out.


Here it is in the lawn, by one of our flower beds.

CR thought about hanging it from our swing so you could see it better.
There is one big and one small mistake if you look closely.  I didn't see it
until it was done.  And I guess I don't care, I love it so much.

A close up view of the beautiful quilting

The backing fabric and you can see that the border was done in piano key stitching - just lovely!!
Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tam

8 comments:

Lady of the Cloth said...

I love your color choices and the pattern is great. Doesn't it feel good to get one finished. I like to bind quilts because I can just zone out and relax in front of the TV. Make it a great day!

Jackie said...

Absolutely beautiful! I know you can't wait to get it on your bed. I don't see any mistakes at all. Congratulations on this finish - I know it's significant!

Schulz Family said...

visiting from sew darn crafty. This is amazing. You should be very proud of yourself.

Jennifer said...

Tammy, that is really lovely! I can't see any mistakes, if there are any they certainly aren't obvious.

Candace said...

What a gorgeous finish! Betcha can't wait to sleep under it (when it cools down!). I looked long and hard and see no mistakes at all! Looks like we bought the same things at the farmer's market this weekend! Lucky you to have raspberries to pick - I adore them on my breakfast cereal!
Cheers!

Joanna Jenkins said...

Stunning! Absolutely stunning.

There's a lot of work in that beautiful quilt and I do NOT see any mistakes-- It's perfect.

I hope you have a great sense of accomplishment, Tammy. You did a beautiful job.

xo jj

Pearl said...

Well that's just beautiful.

Pearl

black bear cabin said...

absolutely beautiful! and i dont see any mistakes! :)