Tuesday, June 11, 2013

They're in the Mail

I had these 2 table toppers done before the painting began, then we tore apart my sewing room and then I kinda forgot about them, and then I panicked cuz my Sister-in-Law's birthday is this Friday and good grief I didn't want to be late.  So Sunday I got busy and quilted her table topper and a table topper for my other Sister-in-Law and they are happily shipped off now.  What a relief, I think the birthday present will be on time!!

Birthday present in front - I hadn't hand sewn the binding down in these pictures.


I also had a small wallet pattern and 2 fat quarters that I was going to put together for my grandson before the painting began and bad grandma, I still hadn't done a thing with it.  He needed a holder for gift cards and something small that would fit in Mom's purse.  Since I couldn't find anything manly to hold his gift cards I thought I'd make him one using sneaker and soccer ball fabric.  I think he'll like it, it's in the mail also.

Here it is all closed up

Open - I used Velcro rather than a snap.

This is the pattern I used.
Yesterday was a busy day.  I went to the doctor about my MRI for my big toe.  Turns out the joint before the big toes sprouts up has the real issue.  There are 2 sesamoid bones with a tendon running down the middle and up into the big toe.  Well the outside sesamoid bone in my foot is in 2 pieces (it should just be one round bone) and causing the problem.  Finally an answer.  The toe is doing well right now so we are going to leave it be, however if it flares up again, the only real answer is to remove the 2 pieces of bone, which a person can live quite nicely without.  Although with out that bone a person can develop a bunion - yikes, I'd rather not have one of those.  Hopefully my toe will behave and we'll avoid surgery.   After my appointment, I met a friend for lunch and we were there 3 hours just a talking each others ears off.  It was a lot of fun.  Then I did some shopping, came home and baked CR a Rhubarb Pie and was done for the day.

Today the weather has cooled off and the wind is blowing and it's just a good day to stay home and do some cleaning.  Those bathrooms seem to be in constant need of a good scrubbing, and the kitchen too.  It never ends does it.  After that I'm going to go to my room and sew on something, don't know what yet, but maybe I'll have something to show you in a few days.

Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tam

3 comments:

Jackie said...

I'm sure everyone is going to love their gifts! Glad to hear the toe is acting better and hope it stays that way. I know you do not want another surgery.

Lady of the Cloth said...

It must be rhubarb pie day. I baked two and took one to the friend who gave me the rhubarb.
I love those table toppers. Do you have a pattern name. I don't find many for my round table.

We had cold weather and rain,today on the wet side of the state. Burrrr

Candace said...

Cute toppers! I have that little wallet pattern and haven't made it yet - looks darling! Hope your toes heals without anything drastic!
Cheers!