Sunday, June 9, 2013

When Life Gives You Lemons.....

Well in this case, when you go to the store and buy lemons to make dessert for a dinner party you're going to, you come home and make Triple Lemon Bars:


Everyone enjoyed them and they certainly had the pucker factor!!  I love a good tart lemon dessert.

I had planned to do so much more than I actually did yesterday.  We did go out to breakfast as usual, then to Farmers Market.  We ran a few errands and I came home and got to baking.  Then I just decided I'd sit down for just a little bit, my back was aching and my ankle was bothering me and so I sat down and then took a long nap.  Guess I was tired.  Thankfully I was awake in plenty of time to go to Ken's house for dinner.  There were 6 of us and Ken grilled an amazing Copper River Salmon (my fav) and had a delicious pasta salad and multi-grain bread.  The conversation and company were delightful.  One of the couples there is off to Alaska - they'll be driving their motor home and don't plan to return till August.  Sounds like a fun trip, but a long drive even though they are taking their time.

I just want to go back to West Yellowstone, MT for a 4 to 6 week stay.  But right now with my treatments and everything we just haven't wanted to plan such a long time away.  Perhaps next year, for now we'll take a few short trips and be happy with that.

Now I must get in my sewing room and do some quilting work on those gifts I talked about - time is a ticking!!

Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tam

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Lemon bars, yummy! Perhaps next year you will be able to do your long trip.