Sunday, July 28, 2013

Enchiladas A Different Way

Wish I'd taken a picture of last nights dinner, but then again sometimes food doesn't look so good in pictures, so I'll just tell you about it.

A friend brought us 3 Mexican zucchinis this past week.  They're lighter in color than regular zucchinis and a tad fatter.  So I cut them in half, scooped the seeds out and set them on a cookie sheet.

I took a pound of ground round, half a walla walla sweet onion chopped up, a small can of hot green chilies and taco spice seasoning and browned that all up together.

Then I placed the meat in the scooped out halved zuc's, topped with cheese and then a green chili enchilada sauce (from a can, yes I was lazy) and baked them at 350 degrees for 20 minutes (just until the zuc is tender and it took 20 min for mine).

Then I had more cheese and chopped tomato and more sauce to add to them when they came out of the oven.

It was so tasty and so good.  With fresh veggies out there it is always fun to think of something new and simple to do.

If you try this out, let me know how you like it.  I want to try it with shredded chicken next time.

Just a quick note - I am finally pain free from having that tooth pulled.  I thought that thing would never stop hurting.  Maddie is also doing really well from her tooth extraction.  Maybe we can get back to having a fun summer!!

Happy Stitches and hugs,
Tam

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Tammy, good to hear your tooth (or the lack of it) has stopped hurting! That dish sounds yummy, but I'm not sure about the spicy heat......I like it, but it doesn't like me.

Sweet Tea said...

So glad the tooth pain is a GONER!!
I've never heard of a Mexican zucchini. Sounds perfect for your recipe, which sounded yummy too!!