Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy 4th of July

Happy Independence Day to all my friends in America, and to everyone else, well have a happy day!!



CR will do some bbq'ing a bit later in the day and then we'll just try to keep our dog and 2 cats calm when the big fireworks on the river go off.  The booms really freak them out.  Locally, individual fireworks are illegal, but that doesn't seem to stop the idiots from setting them off.  It's been so hot around here and everything is bone dry, I just hold my breath when I hear them, and pray that a house isn't set on fire.  I have never been a fan of setting off fireworks, so I'd prefer that they only be legal for big gatherings in a controlled environment.  So much safer for everyone that way.

I'm going to do a bit of sewing today and reading too.  A nice day to just hang out.

Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tam

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Happy fourth to you! It's illegal to set off fireworks here unless you are a licensed pyrotechnician......much safer that way.

Jackie said...

My neighbors set off fireworks every year. It terrifies Cody and Kenzie wants to protect us with every ounce of her 10 pound body. This is the first year we've had Sammy so we're staying home to see how he handles everything. It drives my husband crazy and then the next day, there is all kind of fireworks debris in our yard which is dangerous for our small dogs.

Lady of the Cloth said...

I have 4 neighbors that start two weeks before the 4th and go for two weeks after. I hate it. I have to tranquilize Maggie, my dog. I feel so sorry for her.
I spent the day making lawn chair cushions. What a pain. I won't tackle it again. Quilting is more fun.

Candace said...

Hope you had a nice and relatively quiet day, Tammy! Our girls weren't at all bothered by both the illegal and legal fireworks - whew! And we were fortunate to have the police put a stop to one neighbors illegal boomers at 1am this morning!
Cheers!

Sweet Tea said...

I love the fireworks but our little dog hates them. He actually cries out loud and shivers, regardless of what I do to comfort him. I'm gonna have to talk to the vet about getting some medication for him before next year. Today, two days past the holiday, we are still having trouble to get him to go outside to do his "business" because he is afraid.