Friday, August 23, 2013

Light at the End of a Long Tunnel

While having my first chemo treatment administered yesterday I found out some of the best news I have ever gotten.  It is recommended that a person only receive my type of chemo for 2 years and then go to yearly check ups to make sure there are no re-occurrences of cancer.  So what does that mean.  I have 2 more treatments in the next 2 weeks, then I see my doctor in Feb of 2014 and have 3 more treatments and then I am done with chemo and in remission, unless, god forbid, there is a re-occurrence.  How awesome is that!!  In total, I have 5 more rounds of this chemo and then I am free, yippee!!  It's been a long few years and the relief I felt when I found this out - well I almost cried.

Now back to vacation news.  One of my favorite things to do when we are in Twisp, besides fly fishing that is, is to visit the Quilting Hive.  It's a fantastic little quilt shop in the Methow valley and I always find things I must have when I visit.  So here is what I came home with:

Loved this fabric and thought it would make fun pillow cases.

A couple of new patterns

A quilt kit - I loved this pattern and I LOVED the fabric choices and
since she only had the fabric in kits left, I had to have the kit.

The fabrics in the kit

The panel that is the center of the quilt pattern/kit
The current owner of this wonderful Quilt Shop is trying to sell it.  Her husband got a job in North Dakota.  I hope who ever buys it will do as good of a job as she has done.

When we got home and unpacked and I got things settled out and most of the laundry done I went out shopping to find some 3mm peach colored foam for our fishing guide.  He makes a lot of his own flies and he makes this peach colored hopper pattern dry fly that the trout love.  While looking for it I found this book that I had to have and since I had a 50% off coupon at Joann's, well I came home with it.


I love patriotic quilts.  I guess I'm pretty patriotic, so it stands to reason I would love these types of quilts.  Oh and I did find the foam for Rod, so we'll be sending that up to him soon.

Today is warm, but grey and the wind is blowing.  I still faintly smell fall in the air.  Speaking of fall I found a cute yard decoration for fall at Joann's and I'm thinking I better get back there and pick it up before they don't have anymore.  Fall makes me think of fresh apples - oh I can't wait to bite into a fresh picked apple.

So tell me do you do a bit of fall decorating??

Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tam

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Tammy, that is such good news......I am so pleased for you! You certainly had fun shopping, I love your purchases. Good heavens, it can't be fall already surely! I haven't smelled spring in the air here yet, but it has been a mild and dry winter.