Friday, September 20, 2013

A Blast From the Past

Several years ago I discovered a lot about my biological father, by meeting his sister.  She was kind enough to give me pictures of him as a young boy and she also had a picture of my mother and him on their wedding day.  The man was never in my life, he was a cad to put it nicely.  You see when I was born, he had another woman pregnant with my half Sister - Diane, who is 11 months younger than I am.  So my mother promptly left him and he was never a part of my life.  To be truthful, in talking to my many half siblings, he never was a part of theirs either.  I call him the Love Em and Leave Em Dad, who never once attempted to support any of his 6 (that we know of) children.  It's a long and interesting story, but I won't bore you with the details, kind of like a soap opera that you couldn't make up even if you tried.

Anyhow to get to my point.  I scanned those photos of our sperm donor for some of my siblings and I also scanned a couple of the very few photos I have of myself as a child (another long story).  So I thought I'd share a little bit of nostalgia with you all. 

My Father and his Older Brother

One of the endearing things about him is his Sister said he was crazy about cats
and I love it when a man loves cats.  Probably his only redeeming quality.

Outside his childhood home
 
His early teens

There I am, dimples and all - you can really see the resemblance with my Father.
In fact all my half Sisters and I look very much alike - it's uncanny especially since we all have different mothers.

A foretelling of me in my teen years - always on the phone. 

Me and My Grandpa.  He and My Grandma were really my parents my first 6 years
And thank god for them!!
 
Hope you enjoyed my little walk down memory and bad bangs lane, haha.

Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tam


2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Wow, Tammy.......that's quite a story. Your father must have been a real lady's man without the maturity to know when it is time to grow up. But you have turned out well!

Joanna Jenkins said...

The pics of you are fabulous, Tammy! I love the ric rack trim on your dress. My grandma always added to the clothes she made me :-)

You have quite a story but I'm glad it hasn't harden you or your sweet heart.

xoxo jj