Sunday, September 15, 2013

A Girls Day

Yesterday was a lot of fun.  I got together with my friend Kelly (she taught me to quilt) and we went out to lunch at Frost Me Sweet Bistro.  A fabulous little lunch place that has great sandwiches, salads and pizza, but the best thing - dozens of cupcake flavors.  These cupcakes are not only frosted, they have a surprise filling.  Kelly got a chocolate cupcake with a peanut butter frosting and a caramelized banana center.  I got a red velvet cupcake with a cream cheese center.  So sinfully delicious.

After lunch we went to Craft Warehouse.  It's a great store with departments for quilting, knitting, floral, stamping and scrapping, jewelry, holiday items, framing.  Anyhow they were having a truckload fabric sale and there were tons of flat folds at $4.44 a yard.  The good stuff too - Moda, Andover, Thimbleberries, Maywood, etc.  So we got to business and got some yardage:

fabrics for a lap quilt?  I don't know but they all coordinate and I love them!!

3 more fabrics for my civil war collection - I have the pattern, just need to gather fabrics.
We went from Craft Warehouse up to Prosser to the Sewing Basket and I finally found some fun glow in the dark Halloween fabric to make our Grandson a pillowcase for Halloween.

The smiles on the pumpkins glow in the dark.
In other news, I got a new laptop and it's making me cuss.  It has Windows 8 on it - they all have Windows 8 it would seem and it's just enough different that it's frustrating me, but I am adjusting.  The only problem I'm having is setting up the email. 


When I was taking pictures of the fabric, Scotchie was in the sewing room looking out the window and was to cute to ignore:



One last thing.  My Aunt Jean sent me this cute little flower pot that is solar powered.  The flowers dance and move.  It's so cute, sometimes I catch Scotchie batting at the flowers like it's annoying him, or maybe he's just bored and it's something to do.



So how was your weekend - did you do anything exciting??

Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tam

2 comments:

Jackie said...

The weekend feels like it just flew by! I stitched with friends yesterday and piddled around the house today. I really could use an extra day!

Jennifer said...

Our weekend went very quickly too! Those cupcakes sound good, and I love your fabrics.