Sunday, September 1, 2013

Cooking Shows

I sort of have this love affair with cooking shows.  I love the Food Network and watching Pioneer Woman, and Diners, Drive Ins and Dives, Iron Chef and on ABC they have a daytime show called The Chew.

When I go through chemo, I usually watch a lot of food network and The Chew that I've taped during the week.  It's my guilty pleasure cuz for some reason I can watch it, it doesn't require a lot of focus and sometimes - make that a lot of times, I find a great recipe to try out on CR.

For example, last week on The Chew, Carla Hall, one of the hosts made a Summer Fruit Bake.  She used peaches and blackberries because they go together really well and made a cornmeal biscuit topping for the fruit.

So Saturday at Farmers Market, this girl bought peaches and blackberries and decided to give it a try when I felt better and today was the day.


See that little corner - bottom left - yep, CR and I gave it the taste test and oh man was it delicious.  Blackberries and Peaches were meant to go together (who knew) and that biscuit topping, yum!!  Click Here for the recipe.

Other than that, I haven't been doing much.  I'd love to tell you I've been sewing, but when I'm tired, I don't like to do much in my sewing room because I hate to screw things up and fatigue is the enemy when trying to quilt if you ask me.

I am planning on having a Miche Purse Party in late September.  I'll be up to a thorough house cleaning by then I'm sure.  If you've not heard of Miche purses, they are fantastic.  You purchase the base bag and then covers for it, so to change your purse, you lift the base bag out and put it in a different cover.  I've gotten a lot of compliments on my bags, they're a lot of fun and much cheaper than going to Macy's.

It's Labor Day weekend and while most people are trying to squeeze in one last trip for the summer before school is fully underway, we are just at home relaxing.  I like not traveling on the busy holiday weekends - to many crazy people on the highways and being retired affords us the option to travel whenever we'd like.

So what are you up to this weekend??

Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tam

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

That looks so good! I love blackberries, I remember picking them as a child......but they are now a weed here, because our winters aren't severe enough to slow their growing. They grow all year round, and can ruin farmland in a few short years.