Sunday, September 29, 2013

Gettin Saucy

Yep, I'm getting saucy today.  Our friend Ken brought us a bunch of fresh tomatoes and they may be the last of the season.  I didn't want them to go bad and I've been wanting to make my own fresh tomato sauce - a recipe I recently found.  So today, I got saucy and made homemade tomato sauce to be used for an eggplant dish I will be making for our dinner.  It is currently simmering and it smells so divine in here.


Later I'll add some fresh basil to the sauce and make it even better.  This is probably the last of our basil for the season as well.


I like the cooler weather, but I hate how dark it is.  It's been so grey the last few days.  Thankfully the big rain and wind storms never seemed to hit us - now watch, they'll hit tonight just because I said that. 

I had better get back to sewing cat hammocks so I can send them off sometime this week.

Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tam

2 comments:

Jackie said...

I'd love to made homemade sauce too. One day we'll have a bit of a garden. Too busy with working now to have one. I can imagine how good it must smell!

Our fall days are generally sunny. Fall doesn't last long here and it's probably warmer than what you'd think. The part I think I'd like most to see is the glorious colors on the leaves. Nothing like that here at all.

Jennifer said...

I can smell your house from here!