Friday, September 27, 2013

Meeting Friends

What a fantastic day despite the grey and rainy weather.  CR and I drove to Walla Walla to meet up with Candace and Bob.  Candace has a blog called Squash House Quilts and if you don't read it, you need to.  She's always up to something interesting and if she's not up to it, her cats are and those stories will definitely entertain you.  Don't we love our fur babies and their antics!!  Anyhow, we only live an hour away from each other, but our schedules haven't permitted us to meet in person - till today.  We met up at the Walla Walla Quilt Show.  It's a small show but they had some gorgeous quilts on display.  I had my camera with me - in my purse - also known as the black hole - yep, didn't take a darn picture and I'm kicking myself.

After the quilt show we went downtown to a wonderful restaurant called Maple Counter Café.  Mercy, talk about good food and a LOT of food.  CR and I are going back to eat there.  They serve Breakfast and Lunch (breakfast all day), they're closed on Monday and are only open till 3pm.  I was stuffed but my tummy was happy when we were done.

After that we visited the local quilt shop called Stash - fantastic quilt shop, I've already sent an email to my friend Kelly about it telling her we need to do a road trip.  I know she'd like it as much as I did, and I think we'll have to do lunch as well when we do get to our road trip.  Maybe Candace will join us.

On the way home we decided to stop at the L'Ecole No. 41 (pronounced La Coal) located in the old Frenchtown School House.  L'Ecole means "the school" in French.  The building has always intrigued me and so since we'd never tried their wines, we thought it would be fun to stop and try a couple.  We got some Semillon and some Merlot.  Both exceptional wines.  I did remember to take my camera out and get a picture of the building - the inside is gorgeous too.



 
Built in 1915 in School District 41.  The oak and beauty of this old building is maintained and showcased very nicely.

Tomorrow after breakfast out, farmers market and grocery shopping I plan to finish the cat hammocks, work on a special little something to put with the hammocks and send to the Aunties and then get to business and start quilting and having fun with Aunt Bea the Babylock. 

So what are your weekend plans?

Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tam

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

What a great day you had! That winery is beautiful - I like to see old buildings being re-purposed.

Jackie said...

I hadn't realized Candace was the blogger that you met! What a treat for the two of you!

Weekend plans for me include getting ready for family to visit from AZ. I'm making ziti and cleaning today. Hoping to get most everything done so tomorrow can be for relaxing.

Lady of the Cloth said...

My weekend plans started with an early mining massage. The therapist does a fantastic massage but oh my, sometimes I have to cry uncle. I am trying to get a spot in my back to behave and it hurts in the meantime. I feel like a wet noodle afterward and really just want a nap. We got our heated tile floor hooked up this morning and it is wonderful to have that warm floor to walk on. DH is still not done with the bathroom remodel, but getting closer.
I am baking some cookies for the neighbor, electrician who helped with the floor since he wouldn't take any money for doing it. He has three little kids who should enjoy them.
It looks like you have been having too much fun!
Enjoy the weekend. Carline

Candace said...

We had a great time, too, Tammy! It was so nice to meet you both. Still stuffed from lunch! I'd be happy to join you and your friend when you come back! More's the merrier!
Cheers!