Thursday, September 26, 2013

My Miche Party

Tonight was party night.  It was a small group, but we had a good time and lots of laughs.

Lets start with the food.  I made these mini pizza's using crescent rolls, cut a package into 8 squares, press them into muffin tins, layer of cheese, then pizza sauce, then a filling (I used Canadian bacon on half of them) then more cheese and bake for 15 minutes at 375 - got the idea on Facebook.  Everyone enjoyed them.  I also made a lemon pound cake with a very tart, pucker up lemon glaze, yep, there isn't much left, it was enjoyed as well.  And last but not least, some raspberry and mint M&M's.

A couple of purse covers in a pretty teal


More purses, lots of colors, lots to see.

Miche is doing some jewelry now too.  It's pretty stuff that is interchangeable and its magnetic, so it's easy to change around and if you have arthritis like me, I LOVE magnetic stuff!!


Here's the Gang.  From Left to Right:  Alicia, our Miche Rep, Louise and her daughter Lori, Cathy and Carmen (not pictured is Dawn who is a new to Miche Rep and works with my Step Daughter Sunye).  I have a history with many of the ladies you see.  Louise - I worked with her when I was in my 20's and I've worked with a couple of her daughters too.  Love her and her hubby Jerry.  Cathy, I worked with her for several years before I retired.  I miss seeing her everyday.  We had fun working together and she is one of the sweetest, nicest ladies you'll ever meet.  She's like a sister to me.  And Carmen, well her mother once dated my Uncle.  We've been family friends for as long as we've been around.  Her Mom has said that I said one of my first words with her.  She's not related, but she might as well be - she's family to me.

I ended up having a darn good party, but truly the best part was the special people who came and spent some time at my house and shared stories and laughter with me.

Now the house cleaning is done and tomorrow CR and I are off to the Walla Walla Quilt show to meet up with a blogging friend Candace (Squash House Quilts blog) and her hubby.  I'm so excited to finally meet her in person.  Should be a very fun day.

And what's on the agenda for the weekend - time to play with Aunt Bea and do some fun sewing!

Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tam

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Glad to hear you had a good time at your party! Those teal bags are very pretty, I love that colour......and oh my, that food sure looks good. Enjoy your time at the quilt chow!

Joanna Jenkins said...

Wow, you put out a lovely spread of food, Tammy! YUM!
Glad the party worked out and it looks like a great time was had by all.
xo jj