Friday, September 13, 2013

Oh Betty..............

After 21 chemo treatments, Betty Bladder has gone and gotten herself a bad bladder infection.  Making Tammy miserable.  I feel lucky though, it can be quite common for this to happen and this is the first time, plus it happened after the treatments were done, so it didn't delay anything.  All in all it could have been worse, but then again I've been a tad miserable.  I never thought I'd be so aware of my bladder, ugh.  Thank God for a great Urologist and antibiotics!!

I took a few pictures of Madison the other day in what I call - Her favorite screwed up sleeping position.  She's slept like this since she was a tiny 4 pound pup.




She cracks me up - if I tried sleeping like this I'd have a stiff neck and be walking funny I swear. 

This was an exciting week despite Betty.  I am trading in Vicky the Viking Quilt Designer I for a non-embroidery machine.  I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of a Babylock Crescendo and the TruStitch for free motion quilting.  This sewing/quilting machine is just the bomb diggity.  No embroidery, just lots of things a quilter needs.  I will post pictures of her when she arrives.  I was originally looking at a Brother that was basically the same as the Babylock, but I like the shop that sells Babylocks a lot more for their customer service, etc.

So now I need to name my new machine.  I've considered EllieBee, I'm a huge fan of Eleanor Burns and she endorses Babylock.  Or Crissy the Crescendo, or a favorite movie - Dirty Dancing, the lead was called Baby, but her real name was Francis, so there's another option.

What do you think?  Like any of those names, have a suggestion for me??

Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tam

2 comments:

JanetL said...

Congratulations on the new machine, bet it won't be named Betty will it? I love your positive, upbeat attitude in the face of many unpleasant health issues for you and CR. Hang in there!

Jennifer said...

Maddy is very funny! How about waiting until you have set up your new machine and used it for sewing? By then you will have an idea of her personality. It would be dreadful if she was named wrongly! *grin*