Monday, September 30, 2013

Recipe Testing

Every Saturday morning without fail, my trusty DVR records The Pioneer Woman on the Food Network.  She has some great recipes, and I just like watching her and her family on a big cattle ranch in Oklahoma. 

This past Saturday she did this recipe that was so simple even my Aunt's - who aren't cooks, could do it.  You buy a roll of refrigerator cookie dough - she used Peanut Butter and you slice it into 1 to 1&1/2 inch thick slices, then cut the slice into fourths.  Put those pieces in a mini muffin tin and bake for 6 to 8 minutes at 350 degrees.  The minute they come out of the oven pop a mini Reese's peanut butter cup in the center and let it melt and set up.  You can also do this with Chocolate Chip dough and use a Hershey kiss, etc.  Endless ideas depending on what you like.  I wonder if they make refrigerator brownie dough - wouldn't the be good with a couple of Andes mints shoved in the center or a York peppermint patty??  I think they would but I love mint and chocolate together, maybe that's why my favorite ice cream is mint chocolate chip!

Here they are, CR will be doing the official taste testing this evening.  If he likes them, then I will make some for our visit to Ben's house in late October.  Speaking of Ben, in just 8 days, on October 7th,  he will be 11 years old - my how time flies!!


I was a busy girl yesterday, not only did I make the homemade fresh tomato sauce, I made Eggplant Parmesan for dinner.  Then I went into my sewing room and finished all those cat hammocks and made a couple of pieces of wall art (rumor has it that something similar may be in the box with all those cat hammocks on it's way to North Carolina).  I've seen so much of this on the Web or Pinterest that I decided to do something myself, just for fun.

Kitties lounging on chairs

Doggies with their tongues hanging out.
I used scrap fabric, and scraps of batting, just did some straight line quilting and put them in embroidery hoops.  I thought they turned out pretty cute.

Seems like the more I try to get done today the more I don't accomplish anything.  Hmm, must be a Monday.

Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tam

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

What cute wall art! Your little tarts look good too.

Candace said...

I saw those, too - good for you diving right in to make them, Tammy! You'll have to let us know how they taste! Sounds like after your busy day you now need a day off (wink)!
Cheers!