Monday, September 16, 2013

Vicky the Viking

Vicky the Viking and I had one last sew together this afternoon.  I believe my new machine will be in tomorrow and I'll begin a new chapter with Beatrice the Babylock.  After some deliberation Beatrice felt like just the right name and if you remember the Andy Griffith Show and the character Aunt Bea - well that's what I'll probably call her most.

So today, Vicky and I stitched up a fun Halloween pillowcase for Ben.  The smiles on the pumpkins glow in the dark and I thought he'd get a kick out of it.  He'll be 11 on the 7th of October, so I'm hoping he's not to old to still enjoy things like this.


Earlier today I was doing some laundry and took the sheets out of the dryer, went back to put a load in the dryer and washer and then went back to the bedroom to fold the sheets.  In just a couple of minutes, someone had settled in nicely and didn't want to be disturbed:



What is it about cats and warm laundry.  I still haven't folded those darn sheets, I better get back to it.

We had one heck of a storm last night - big winds, rain, thunder and lightening.  We had planned to bbq a tri-tip, well that didn't happen.  So tonight we'll do that.  The storm brought us into cooler temps.  Last week we were unseasonably warm in the mid-90's and now we are in the upper 70's to low 80's - much more tolerable.

I'm hoping to have new machine pictures to show you tomorrow, so stay tuned.  Maddie also had a grooming appointment tomorrow - but don't tell her, she's not a fan of getting her hair done, haha.

Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tam

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Can't wait to meet Aunt Bea! It's wonderful to get a new machine.

It takes boys a long time to outgrow glow in the dark. I predict the pillowcase is going to be a huge hit!

Jennifer said...

No one is too old to enjoy glow-in-the-dark! Kitties do like to be warm and comfortable......we've been having rain (thank goodness) and storms here, too.

Candace said...

Catching up here, Tammy. Where does the time go! Glad you're on the mend and sorry about your new computer! It's why I went with a Mac laptop this time - I have heard all sorts of things about Windows 8. Hope you have lots of fun with your new sewing machine! Scotchie knows a good thing when he sees it!
Cheers!