Wednesday, October 2, 2013

A Power Tool With Thread

I saw this on Facebook this morning and thought it was so cute.
 

And speaking of sewing machines, I bought myself a cute little Jim Shore ornament sewing machine through Amazon, they are also sold at Nancy's Notions.  I just love it and it's sitting on a shelf in my sewing room right above Aunt Bea.


I love Jim Shore's stuff and I have many of his Angels.  I haven't purchased any Jim Shore for quite a while, but this I had to have.

Today I tried a new recipe out for Banana Bread.  And it tastes really good, but I think it needs a spice added to it.  Here is the recipe:

2 cups whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup applesauce
3/4 cup honey
2 eggs beaten
3 overripe & mashed bananas

Preheat the oven to 350
Grease and flour a loaf pan
Combine the dry ingredients.  Mix together in a separate bowl the applesauce and honey.  Add to that the beaten eggs and mashed bananas.  Then stir all the mixed up wet ingredients into the dry ingredients till just moistened.
Bake for 60 minutes, let cool for 10 minutes and remove from pan to finish cooling.



I love that the recipe uses whole wheat, honey, and applesauce - it seems like it's more healthy to me.  But I really think it needs cinnamon or nutmeg or both???

Tell me - what spices do you put in your banana bread??

Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tam

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

What a sweet little ornament, I love it! I haven't made banana bread, but I would try cinnamon......or how about throwing in a handful of cranberries?