Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Off to Spokane

Monday was a busy day in my kitchen.  We are off to Spokane for CR's 6 month visit to the Urologist and to spend a long weekend with the kids and of course spend time with Ben, our Grandson.  No trip to Spokane can be made with out Grandma baking cookies for the little man and of course our Urologist and his staff are crazy for my Pumpkin Chocolate Chip bread.  I just can't go up there empty handed, lots of people would think I was sick or something, wink.....

Loaves for the Uro's office

Pumpkin muffins for our freezer and Peanut butter cookies with Reese's cups in the center
While I was busy baking all of that, I also had a chicken stew in the crock pot.  Chicken, purple potatoes, carrots, peas, corn, etc - oh the house smelled so good.  Then at the end of the day the last 40 minutes I cranked the crock pot up to high and added some dumplings to the mixture.  It was really delicious.


Today we went to lunch with our friend Ken and then it was up to our favorite winery - we belong to the wine club so we picked up our wine release and did some tasting.  It was delicious as always.  My favorite Mr. Big Petite Sirah was part of the release.  Its a big bold red wine that is smooth and lovely going down!!

I've been working on a new Twister Jack using 5 inch squares that when cut with the template become 3 1/2 inch squares.  I'm about half way done and I love it.  So much easier than the tiny version, but that tiny version was adorable and my Auntie just loved it so I'm glad I took on the challenge.  I also finished all my blocks for the X Marks the Spot Quilt, but haven't sewn them together yet.  I hope to have lots to show in the coming weeks as I've been a busy little sewer and man do I love Aunt Bea, she's the best sewing machine and we have a good time together!

In today's mail we received the cutest thank you note from Ben for his Birthday gift.  He turned 11 on October 7th and so we sent him a card and an iTunes gift card.  We also have another present that hadn't arrived in time, so we are taking that to him for a late celebration of his and my birthday's this weekend.  The note was adorable:


Well that's all I've been up to - keeping busy and staying out of trouble, how about you??

Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tam

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh yum......pumpkin muffins! You have certainly been busy.

Candace said...

Ohhhh.....makes me want to be CR's urologist ;>) Good looking baked stuff, Tammy! I've to have your chicken stew recipe! What a darling note from Ben. Enjoy your drive up north!
Cheers!