Monday, October 7, 2013

X Marks the Spot

Thought I'd share with you what I've been up to in my sewing room.  A friend gave me a Take 5 pattern called "X Marks the Spot".  And recently I bought some great fabrics at the Craft Warehouse Truckload sale for 4.44 a yard that seemed perfect for this pattern.  Take 5 patterns take just 5 fabrics to make a quilt top.  There are 4 different blocks as far as the color arrangement goes and there will be 5 blocks total of each of those 4 arrangements.  Here they are.


Block 2

Block 3

Block 4
 
I have 3 of block 1 done, so I'm working away at it and I should have a quilt top in no time.  It's a fun pattern and truly the only time consuming part is the cutting, which is always the case, or at least that is how it feels to me.

One of my Aunties recently spent some time in the hospital for pneumonia and pink eye in both eyes.  She was supposed to go home today and she was more than ready to get the heck out of that hospital and get home so she could rest.  There is no sleeping in a hospital that is for sure.

This morning I woke up with a bad sore throat and I'm hoping that it doesn't turn into more.  You never know this time of year, it could fizzle out and be nothing or it could turn into a bad cold.  Several of my friends have had bad colds and bad flu bugs - yikes the germs have already gotten started for the cold and flu season.

In other news our Grandson Ben turned 11 today.  I can't believe he is that old already.  He's a good kid and we are so proud of him.

PhotoPhoto

Isn't he a cutie.  And lord I wish I had his energy.  His Mom has to buy him new pants because he grows up, but not out, which makes it hard to find pants that will fit his skinny waist - oh how I wish I had that problem as well.

So tell me, are you working on any projects at the moment??

Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tam

3 comments:

Judy said...

Happy birthday to Ben! He does look full of joy and energy ;-) If only one could bottle some of that to share....Your blocks look great. I hope that you feel better soon.
Judy

Jennifer said...

Ben has kept his great smile all his life! Happy birthday wishes from Australia, Ben. Love those fabrics, they really say 'Fall' don't they?

Candace said...

Love those blocks and the fabrics, Tammy! They look very fall-ish. I can't wait to see your top. Hope you've had your flu shot - we got ours yesterday! Happy birthday to your grandson - he has lots of spunk!
Cheers!