Monday, November 18, 2013

Allergies

This past year I've had some of the weirdest skin issues.  One of them is on my ring finger - suddenly wearing my wedding ring became very painful.  My finger would turn bright red and peel and itch and it was just painful.  Turns out, I've developed an allergy to the gold.  And the reason - chemo, well that explains so much doesn't it.  So last week I had my ring rhodium plated so that what touches my skin won't irritate it.  And it's a beautiful thing once again!!

I have been busy putting a lot of thread mileage on Aunt Bea lately.  Since the people I'm sewing for don't read my blog, or at least they've never mentioned it, I think it's safe to show you.

A Christmas Throw/Table Topper for a friend.

I made 2 of these snowmen for my Aunties for Christmas
 
Been having fun adding fabric strips to tea towels.  This one is for my kitchen
I have also been baking - it's that time of year when we will head off to Cannon Beach for a while.


Yummy pumpkin scones, several loaves of Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread and today I'm baking some Cherry Almond Biscotti.  The other day I also baked Pumpkin Corn Bread.  I got the recipe from Pots and Pins.  I thought it sounded interesting enough to try and it didn't let me down, it was delicious.

Well I had better get busy, that biscotti won't bake itself.  What have you been up to and are you gearing up for the Thanksgiving holiday??

Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tam

5 comments:

black bear cabin said...

it all looks delicious...even the quilts :) your snowman is too cute! weird about the gold allergy though...but glad you could fix it and wear your ring again :)
hugs!

Candace said...

I've heard of that happening, Tammy. Thank goodness there is a good fix! Your Christmas throw is so rich and gorgeous. And those scones....oh, my - I want to reach in and take one! We're having a quite Thanksgiving dinner out this year. I envy your trip to the beach!
Cheers!

Jennifer said...

Fancy developing an allergy to gold! Your sewing is lovely, and I bet your house smells really good from your baking.

Jennifer said...

Fancy developing an allergy to gold! Your sewing is lovely, and I bet your house smells really good from your baking.

Joanna Jenkins said...

Wow, Tammy. You've been busy!!! I'm loving your quilts-- beautiful as always and such a generous gift to give someone.

And your baking... YUM! All sounds and looks delicious.

Wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving. I hope it's grand.
xo jj