Saturday, November 2, 2013

Lets Talk Turkey

Where did October go?  Do you all find yourselves pondering that question.  I know I just can't believe it's November already.  And in honor of November, it's time to put the Halloween specific decorations away and bring out the Turkeys.



I love my turkey decorations.  Thanksgiving is our favorite holiday.  We always spend it at the Oregon Coast and it's a really special time of year for us.

It's a blustery, rainy, grey day around here, but I wanted to take a couple of pictures of our tree - a silver maple.  It's leaves have turned in the last few days and with the expected winds we are to have this afternoon, I'm not sure I can wait for a sunny day to get a picture.  Unless you want pictures of leaf piles being raked up.




Our leaves turn a golden yellow.  Our neighbor's leaves turn a reddish color, so I took a picture of his tree as well:


I've finally put the short sleeve t-shirts and summer wear away and put all my sweaters and fall/winter clothes in the closet.  Even with the mild low 60's for temps that we've been having, it's time to prepare for the shorter days and cooler weather that is upon us.

I've been busy in my sewing room, but I can't show anything because I'm working on a couple of Christmas presents.

Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tam

4 comments:

Jackie said...

You have such beautiful foliage in your area! Our trees are still green and will go from green to brown at some point. Like you, I have no idea where October went. The holidays are fast approaching.

Candace said...

Yup - Oct flew by! We were in your neck of the woods today! Talk about windy and dusty!! Coming home it was hard to keep the car on the road. Hope you two are doing well!
Cheers!

Sweet Tea said...

Beautiful photos! You are prepared for the changing season, something I need to do. Fall comes very late to the South.

Judy said...

Don't you just love fall, with the changing colors and the leaves falling down? Thanks for sharing the photos with us. Our oak tree is turning a lovely red this year-a first-so we have enjoyed watching it.
Happy stitching,
Judy