Saturday, November 9, 2013

Organizing

I have been a busy girl.  First, I finished a beautiful table topper in Christmas Fabrics for a friend for Christmas.  Wish I could post a picture, but I don't want to take a chance of ruining a surprise.

Secondly I have been in the mood to organize and have a proper "pantry" of things I use to cook with in the winter when one doesn't get fresh veggies & fruit from farmers market and grill on the BBQ.  So I have cleaned, organized and with my small kitchen I have maximized my space to everything has a place rather than the mess I've had for way to long.  And let me tell you, it feels good!!

Here is my Pantry cupboard with baking things, chicken stock, oils, canned goods, etc.



Here is my newly cleaned up and arranged spice cupboard.


I have baking spices separated from the cooking spices and then all of Cliff's meat rubs, etc are on the second shelf and much easier to find (and out of my way).



I also got into this one huge mess of a cupboard I had that I swear had 50 million vases in it and I don't do fresh flowers because my one cat eats them.  So I cleaned it out and now have a space for the things I do use so that they are easy to get to and yet are out of the way.

What should I tackle next, hmmm, well we are going to be going to the Oregon Coast for Thanksgiving so I must tackle some baking for the trip, and preparations for what to get at the grocery store, etc.  Lots to do and a couple more Christmas gifts in the making as well.

Tell me what are you up to and how long has it been since you organized??  I won't admit how long it's taken me to get my act together, it's to embarrassing!!

Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tam

5 comments:

Jackie said...

It's such an obvious idea but I've never thought of separating my spices by purpose! We have a TON of them - mostly savory. We've been slowly cleaning out kitchen cabinets too - especially those top shelves that are rarely used. It can get a bit dusty up there!

Jennifer said...

Wow, you have been busy! Your cupboards look god now that they are so organised.

Candace said...

Great job, Tammy! Now you can come over and help with my cupboards which are an ongoing battle. I do pretty well with the food stuffs, but the pots, pans, and tubs - well that's another story! I bet your really looking forward to the Oregon Coast!
Cheers!

Judy said...

Nice job on the organizing! If you feel like doing more of that, you're welcome to come to my house ;-)

Lady of the Cloth said...

How are you and hubby doing? You are in my prayers.

Organizing is so rewarding. I have decided that I have way too much stuff and are trying to get rid of things I don't use. It feels good to thin out a bit.
I hope you are doing something fun before the snow flies.

Carline