Sunday, December 8, 2013

Baking

This weekend I decided I'd do some baking.  I also decided I'd vacuum and mop the floors.  What I didn't think through was in what order that should have been done.  So after doing the floors, I baked - not thinking about the fact that I was baking biscotti and that requires a lot of flour, which if you're messy like me, means flour on the floor - yep the clean floor.  Oh well, gotta do the floors often as it's a never ending process.

So this weekend I baked these Almond Joy Bites - a recipe I saw on Facebook.  I'd do it a bit differently next time, but they turned out well and are delicious.  Here is a picture before the chocolate drizzle on top.


Then I made Martha Stewart's Cherry Almond Biscotti - one of my very favorite biscotti recipes.  You get the cherries plumped up and drunk in some amaretto to begin with, which has to be good, who doesn't like a drunken cherry!!


Then I made a copy cat Starbucks Gingerbread Biscotti.  Oh my they are really good.  I have them packaged up for the night and will drizzle them with white chocolate tomorrow.


Tomorrow it's time to clean the bathrooms and kitchen again, man seems like I'm doing that every week - oh wait, I am.  I'm also going to make some Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread using my Grandma's Pumpkin bread recipe.  It's one of my faves at the holidays and a favorite for everyone I bake it for.

It's been super cold around here and with the wind chill in the minus degrees, burrrrrrrr!!  It's supposed to warm up a bit, so it can snow and ice rain.  Never ending winter time fun, NOT.

How was your weekend??  How was your weather??

Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tam

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Tammy, your house must smell awesome with all that baking......and having the oven on must help keep the house warm, so well done!

Candace said...

OMG - those Almond Joy bites look amazing - and your biscotti is perfection, Tammy! When you're done cleaning would you mind coming over here ;>)
Cheers!