Saturday, December 14, 2013

Bliss

Today was one of those days.  I wasn't feeling that great, but I'm not sick, but I'm off, sort of day.  So I thought I'd deliver some baked goodies to a few friends who I like to remember this time of year.  I was thinking it would pick my spirits up, but no one was home, so I had to leave goodies on their doorsteps.  Luckily everyone was thrilled with the deliveries.

I came home and thought, hmmmm, perhaps some baking would cheer me up.  Baking is something I always find enjoyable.  I've had this new recipe for copy cat Cranberry Bliss Bars like they have at Starbucks.  Oh how I love those cranberry bliss bars and being able to duplicate them sounded like fun.  So I did, and they are a hit!!


That however didn't really pick me up, so I decided to watch a Christmas Movie.  There are 2 movies that tie for my favorite Christmas movie and they are White Christmas and Christmas Vacation.  So since I needed a laugh, I chose Christmas Vacation.  It did pick me up and it did make me laugh.

I also finished Septembers block for my block of the month quilt:


I used buttons for the apples in the tree.  I need to embroider the rope for the tire swing and the word School for above the door, but the block is done. 

I was thinking about doing the blanket stitch by machine and then had a change of heart.  I'm going to do it by hand.  After all I'm in no rush to finish it and I'd like to take my time and do it right - it's been a labor of hand sewing love thus far so it seems I should continue on that way.

The temps have warmed, tomorrow it's supposed to be around 42, a heat wave, haha.  I think it would be fun to have snow for Christmas, but not sure that will happen.

I'm all set to have some oral surgery for a tooth implant on Monday, I'm not excited about it, but I'm ready to just get it done and over with.

So how was your weekend??  Are you still busy shopping and baking and wrapping presents??  I have everything done which I'm so glad about.  I didn't want to take a chance that the oral surgery thing would get in the way of plans, so I got it all done in advance.

Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tam

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Love your little house! It's good weather to stay indoors and sew, you will enjoy the hand stitching. And those bars sure look good!

Jackie said...

Good luck tomorrow with your dental surgery. It will soon be over and I know your sweet DH will take care of you.

Candace said...

Hope your trip to the dentist wasn't too traumatic, Tammy. We had a sample of the Cranberry bars at Starbuck's today and I was wishing there was a recipe! You made mine and Mr. Squash's day! Hi to Cliff!
Cheers!