Thursday, January 16, 2014

Epidurals and Houses

Today CR had his epidural, it was pretty much as I described them to him (I've had several myself), we were in and out in less than an hour.  Tonight CR is saying he's feeling pretty good and so far so good with the epidural.  I am keeping my fingers crossed that this has him pain free and we one issue under control!

After we got home I decided to work on my house blocks.  I just didn't want to cut more of the piano keys for the border - ugh, can you say boring.  So I decided to sew the sashing and corner pieces together with the blocks.  And here it is:


My friend Kelly helped me pick out the sashing.  It's a gorgeous deep green and the corner pieces are a beige with that same deep green and a couple other colors in them.  I can't wait to get those borders on next.

I can't believe after all these years this quilt is finally coming together and I'm just thrilled with the results.  It's been a lot of work and I've learned a lot by doing it.  It's kind of sad that it's almost done, it really has been fun to work on (in an off and on sort of way).  But I am now going to attempt a Redwork Quilt.  I found a really cute on that has cats on it and I thought it would be a lot of fun to do and since it's not seasonal, I can have it out when ever I want.  Who knew I'd enjoy embroidery so much. 

Well all is well at our house tonight and things are looking up for CR on one front.  Tomorrow I plan to clean house and Saturday I plan to go visit my friend Kelly for some quilty show and tell.  Sunday I will most definitely hide out in my sewing room - probably cutting piano keys and finding a good movie on Netflix to help me pass the time, cuz CR is gonna be watching football play offs all day.

What's on your weekend agenda??

Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tam

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

That is so cute......the green fabric looks like grass between the houses! Good to hear some positive news about CR.

Jackie said...

Glad to hear that CR is feeling better!
The house quilt is looking good! I like the green too. I really need to get back in the sewing room and fall in love with some of my WIPs/UFOs again!

Candace said...

Oh Tammy -- the quilt is just adorable with your sashing! Perfect choice of color!! The piano keys are a pain, but once you get them done it will be so worth it!
Cheers!

Carline said...

I just love those houses. What an early date for a finish, I am impressed.

I cut a quilt out yesterday for my daughter in love. It is the one called Day and night from Eleanor Burns and will be my second one so far. It will be in purples and whites. This is one quilt that looks much more difficult than it actually is.

Good for CR, I hope the Epi lasts and he can continue to be out of pain.
Make it a good day!