Sunday, January 12, 2014

Life is Difficult

That is the first line of the book - The Road Less Traveled by M. Scott Peck and no truer words were written in my opinion.

I was hoping for a less difficult year in 2014, and perhaps it will turn around and become one, but right now, it feels very difficult.  Here at Hot Flashes we are worried, upset, beside ourselves, feeling helpless.........................the list could go on.

Three months ago CR's Urologist noticed that yet again his PSA was doing the doubling effect, which isn't a good sign when you have a very aggressive form of prostate cancer.  So he put CR on an oral med along with the shots he's been getting.  We were really hopeful that it would take care of the issue and all would be good.  So this past week CR had his PSA taken, and while the number didn't truly double, it wasn't far off from doubling.  So what does that mean?  Is it good news?  Or is it bad news?  Are the results typical, will the numbers get better.............we have nothing but questions and no answers. 

I see the Urologist on Feb 13th for my cancer check and hopefully my last round of chemo.  So I made CR an appt. to follow mine so we can get answers and if things aren't working then get a better path forward.  Life is difficult -- especially when you live with cancer!!

In the mean time CR has been in terrible pain with his back and tomorrow we see the back orthopedic doctor who will hopefully get going on a treatment to get CR out of pain.  This will certainly help CR deal with other things better.  When you're in pain and on pain meds till you can see a doctor, life just isn't so great.

I did some baking yesterday.  I promised my Aunties some biscotti right after Christmas and then life got in the way, I got the flu, etc.  Finally, although half heartedly, I got in the kitchen yesterday and baked.

 

CR and I found a cool hanger for the bird house and he got it all set up in my sewing room for me.  Doesn't it look pretty.


That's about all we have going on at the moment.  The winds have been unreal around here for the past 24+ hours, they should die down by tonight, I hope the weather man is right because howling winds just leave a person feeling unsettled.

I'm going to try to get into my sewing room and work on a few things today.  I haven't had the energy or desire lately, but I'd like to get busy with something, the focus would do me good.

If you pray, or send good vibes or thoughts, I would ask a favor to think of CR.  We need some miracles and some good news.

Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tam

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Tammy, many years ago an Australian politician said "life wasn't meant to be easy".....and sadly, it seems that he is right. Your biscotti looks delish, I bet the house smelled good - and the bird house hanger is lovely! Sending good thoughts your way, my friend.

Jackie said...

You two really didn't need a rough start to the new year. I hope CR doctors can find out what's going on quickly and get him on the road to a pain free recovery. Thinking of you both! Hugs

Lady of the Cloth said...

Darn, I am so sorry you guys are going through such a rough time.

I got the book, The road Less Traveled and read the first line in the book, closed the book and feel that that was the best book I have ever read. The first line said it all.
You are in my prayers.