Monday, January 27, 2014

Monday, Monday

Mondays always seem to be, well, Mondays, even though I'm retired.  Lately it's just been so gloomy that everyday is feeling, well, ugh.  So I decided to make Monday my cleaning day for a while and today I cleaned the bathrooms and kitchen.  I probably should dust again one of these days, but why go overboard, right!!

I did get something finished today.  I believe I mentioned in an older post that I was going to do an embroidery redwork wall hanging.  Today I finished my first block.


I decided to start eating more healthy and part of that is doing protein shakes again.  I've been doing it 3 days and I've dropped 5 pounds (which shocked me) and I am starting to feel so much better.  I allowed my cancer to side swipe me and it's time to get back to where I was before all that happened.  Might not go fast, but it will happen and I'll be a lot happier, healthier and stronger.  In order to make my shakes and use frozen fruit, etc to add variety and make them filling I needed to get a really good blender.  I had thought about getting a Vitamix, but lord they are super expensive.  Instead I opted to get a Breville.  It is amazing and works wonders with ice and frozen fruit, etc.  As I go along my journey you can be sure I'll blog about it and let you know how it's going.

Breville Hemisphere Control Blender
I also forgot to share something CR did for me recently.  I've been complaining that our shower head just wasn't putting out much water.  I knew it was a "flow control' shower head, because that is all they sell these days, but it seemed like the darn thing wasn't putting out what it should and it was about 5 years old.  So CR decided to get a new shower head and let me pick it.  I opted for a 2 head shower head, one is stable, the other can be hand held (best way to clean a shower is to have something hand held for rinsing too).  Oh my how I love this new shower set up.


Turns out I wasn't totally crazy - the other shower head had corrosion in the tubing part, so it wasn't working like it should.

Onto the second redwork block.  Tomorrow I get the rooster comb (synthetic) shot in my knee and I can't wait for the relief.  Meanwhile the cortisone shot in my foot is not working, so I think I'm just going to have to have the darn surgery so my foot will stop hurting.  I swear, right foot, right knee, what else. 

Feb 13th is my cancer check up and I'm hoping so much that it will be my last round of chemo and then I will go to yearly check ups and be in remission.  That will be a major milestone 3 years in the making!!

Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tam

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Losing five pounds already is a great achievement! You are really back on track, with a vengeance. Well done! Love your stitchery too, it's very cute.

Carline said...

Are you just having shakes and no other food?
I did Dr Oz three day cleanse and felt pretty good after, I may do that again soon. Sorry your foot is hurting so bad. I have had surgery on both feet and although I didn't like the recovery, it was so good to be pain free. Good luck

Candace said...

Your redwork is so adorable, Tammy! Great job! I am still using my avocado green blender I got when I was 21 (and you know how old I am)!! They don't make them like that anymore.
Cheers!

Julie said...

Yay Tammy!