Sunday, January 19, 2014

Piano Keys

Today while the Broncos won their game and the Seahawks did WA State proud and beat the 49'ers, I put the piano key borders on my quilt.  I started this applique project in 2006 and put it down in 2009, didn't pick it up again till last November and finally, we have a finish!!


The piano key border really makes the quilt and pulls it all together.  The border is made up of fabrics used in the house blocks and a few I thought I used, but I'm not sure if I did or not, however I included them anyhow.

Tomorrow is a holiday for many.  I'm sure it's nice to have a 3 day weekend after the busy holiday season and getting back to work, etc.  I'm going to be calling the knee doctor to see what we can do about this darn knee.  A week and a half of no pain (that was how long the cortisone shot lasted) spoiled me and I want a pain free knee back.  We shall see what the doc says.  I swear if it isn't one thing it's another.  I truly prefer not going to the doctor, why can't my body get the memo on that!!

Hope you're enjoying your weekend.  Go Seahawks - can't believe they made it to the super bowl!!

Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tam

4 comments:

Jackie said...

Yaaaaay! It's finished! It must feel good - and it's cute too!

I hope the doctor has a simple solution for your knee pain!

Candace said...

How about those Hawks, Tammy! Bet you two had fun watching the game! Even we did and we are not diehard football fans! LOVE your quilt finished! Aren't you glad you did the piano border? It really sets off the blocks!
Cheers!

Candace said...

How about those Hawks, Tammy! Bet you two had fun watching the game! Even we did and we are not diehard football fans! LOVE your quilt finished! Aren't you glad you did the piano border? It really sets off the blocks!
Cheers!

Joanna Jenkins said...

Very nice job on the quilt Tammy! Really-- It's terrific.

I've made a few of these and can appreciate the need to put them in the closet for a while. They're a lot of work. But-- so well worth when they're finished.

The keyboard patterned border is the perfect touch.

Take care my friend. I'm thinking of you. xo jj