Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Construction Zone

So as we all know, the Seahawks won the Superbowl.  We had so much fun at our friends party and the food was so delish!!

That was Sunday, come Monday the electrician called and said he was ready to do the job on Tuesday morning, bright and early, ugh on the early.  We have been wanting to redo the lighting in our kitchen to be more like the lighting in my sewing room.  So we were up before it was daylight and got going to empty out as much as possible in the kitchen.  We all know the dust and yuck that happens in a construction zone and I sure didn't want my Kitchen Aid or my espresso machine in the middle of that yuck.

Here's the before:


Here's the during - big mess:


And here is the big finish:



Oh my it's nice and just in time for me to bake cookies to send to my Aunties and to take to Spokane later this month for our Grandson. 

Tomorrow there will be more cleaning.  There is a layer of dust 3 inches thick in the one living room (we blocked the other living room with plastic).  So guess whose gonna dust and vacuum and obsessively clean tomorrow. 

I got the shot (synthetic rooster comb stuff) in my knee a week ago today and while the major pain from the shot is gone, the regular pain of the knee being bone on bone is back.  The doctor told me it could take up to 6 weeks to get the full benefits of the shot, so I am supposed to be patient, but that is hard to do when you just want relief.  Also, I was not blessed with being a patient person, my hubby is super patient, but I don't have that virtue.

I now have a total of 3 and a half of my red work blocks done.  I'm really enjoying the embroidery in the evenings.  I'll take pictures of the other blocks soon and get them posted.

Have you heard of cauliflower rice?  I've seen a lot about it on the Internet, facebook and pinterest.  So last night I tried it out.  You just put the cauli in a food processor and process it to the size of rice.  Then you make it like a pilaf.  I have to say it is really good.  I'll be making it again for sure!!  Here's what it looks like (mine had carrots and onions in it to give it some character).


It's turning super cold with freezing wind chills here in our neck of the woods.  All the towns around us got snow a couple days ago, but we got nothing - just dreary grey skies.  I've been freezing today so I can tell the outside temps have really dropped.

What's the weather like in your neck of the woods??

Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tam




4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Record-breaking heat waves.....again....in our neck of the woods! You definitely need good lighting in a kitchen, for safety reasons.

Chris@Cats On My Quilts said...

Good luck with the knee. I had my right one replaced December 10th so I am in PT now. All is going really well and it's nice to have that bone on bone pain gone. As for weather, we are having a snow storm here today and are supposed to get more than a foot. I am sick of winter.

Jackie said...

We need to get our kitchen florescent light changed over to can lights too. Just another thing to do!

Your idea of "taking it easy" and mine don't align! I hope your knee begins to feel better soon.

Julie said...

Pilaf Looks good, I've seen a few recipe's too and another is using cauliflower, eggs and chees to make a Pizza Base! Not tried any yet but I'd like to.