Friday, February 7, 2014

I'm Dreaming of a White...................Wait a Minute

Well it's not secret that I would have loved a White Christmas, but this is February and I'm thinking spring, not white stuff.  Yesterday the snow started to fall, really fine and tiny flakes and I really thought it wouldn't amount to much, but surprise it did.


 
And on top of it all it's just been frigid around here.  The storm hit the coast of Oregon and Washington yesterday and then made it's way west to us.  We are supposed to get more tonight.  The sun is out now so it's kind of pretty and I'm so glad it's not another grey day.

Our neighbor's son is on a 2 hour school delay and he came over and shoveled our deck and a path to our garage.  What a sweet kid and he's only 12.  The whole family is just wonderful, couldn't ask for better neighbors.

Well that's about all I have to share.  It's cold and I'm in a warm house drinking lots of hot coffee and thankful I don't have to go anywhere today.

One more thing - I saw this on facebook and it made me laugh, our dog who has short little legs had issues like this today.

 

Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tam

4 comments:

Candace said...

Hey Tammy -- we got another 5-6 inches on top of what we had! Looks beautiful, doesn't it! Love your new haircut and glasses! You're really rolling along on your stitcheries! They are just adorable!
Cheers!

Jennifer said...

Oh wow, isn't that so pretty! You can send some to us, we're expecting another 38 deg day today, that's 100 again......poor little Maddie, it must make her life difficult!

Sweet Tea said...

Definitely not a good day to be a pooch! LOL
Glad you could stay inside today!

Prairie Stitcher said...

Hi Tammy - I live about 75 miles north of you. In this desert, as you so honestly refer to it (Many avoid it around here by saying it's the Big Bend Country.....ha! It's the desert!) Have you noticed that it looks like it's snowing on the Doppler (or raining), but nothing is reaching the ground? We have that all the time. Makes the neighborhood look good, moisture-wise, to the non-resident, but let's be honest. It's dry as a bone most of the time. And SUNNY! We used to live in Spokane and think the weather was great. It's not great. After coming to the desert 7 years ago, we can say that with complete confidence. Today, we have lots of snow. Tomorrow, not so much, according to the NWS. What do they know? Moisture might be falling on their radar but it ain't hittin' the ground! Enjoyed my visit. Please come by and visit me when you have a chance.