Monday, March 24, 2014

Disappointment

I got a call from my orthopedic doctor today.  It seems that he doesn't want to do my knee replacement until I'm done with Chemo.  Something about infection, etc.  So now they want to try a different injection of cortisone in the knee, oh boy - NOT.  I hope it works, really I do, I can't stand hobbling around, I want to get back on my treadmill and get this weight off and feel better.  Exercise is not a thrill to me, but it does make me feel better, sitting around makes me feel lousy and I've been sitting around for 3 darn years.  I'm trying not to get super upset, but I am upset.  I have chemo in August for the last time, then I'm going to get healed up from that and in October visit my Aunties in North Carolina and so no knee replacement till the end of the year, which means that 2014 is going to be a rough year with knee pain I'm afraid, and traveling is not going to be much fun either.  Oh well I'll suck it up and deal with it, seems I have no choice.  Thanks for letting me vent!!

Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tam

2 comments:

Sweet Tea said...

Well, RATS!! I'm really sorry, Tammy. Does wrapping your knee or wearing an elastic knee band help at all? These are a couple of things my DH does when his bothers him. Wish I had more suggestions.
Bummer!

Jennifer said...

Tammy, your doctor is right although I know you don't like that. Chemo puts your body under a lot of stress, so it's better to wait until that is all done and going out of your system before subkecting yourself to more stresses. Take it slowly, but make a slow start on the treadmill and see how you go.