Sunday, March 30, 2014

Sunday Fun

Today has been another lazy and very enjoyable day.  I've watched some movies and I also took some time to play in my sewing room.  When I was going through my smaller pieces of fabric and fat quarters a few weeks ago, I found this cute little pack of 6 fat quarters.  I bought them the same time I purchased this book:

Clever Quarters, Quilts from Fat Quarter Cuts by Susan Teegarden Dissmore

The book is all about things you can create with fat quarters and she's got some great ideas using 6 or so fat quarters.  One of the patterns is for a cute table runner and it was the suggested pattern idea for the group of FQ's I bought.  So today I put it together.  Very simple and easy and fun.


I should have gotten to the job of quilting my red work quilt that is pinned and waiting for me to get busy, but I just wasn't in the mood to concentrate that much.  Luckily I have some fabrics in my stash that will coordinate really nicely for the backing and binding.

Now I'm gonna sit down and do some reading, or perhaps embroidery.  Might do both, who knows, I'm still feeling lazy.

Hope you have a nice and lazy weekend like I did.

Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tam

2 comments:

Lady of the Cloth said...

Nice table runner. I wanted a red one so ordered a variety of fabric from connecting Threads. I washed them and they faded so much they looked pink.. I had them so long, I couldn't return them and just gave up. The fabric wasn't useable at all. I went to church, then sat and read with 60's music playing. Nice!

Jennifer said...

That looks like a useful book! I have a book of fat quarter projects too - it has some great ideas. Love your runner, the fabrics are really pretty.