Sunday, March 9, 2014

Taking it Easy

My last chemo was on Thursday and what a relief that it's all done till August.  The pain meds really helped this last time and what a relief that was.  I felt so good yesterday that I did a little to much and by last night I was hurting, so today I plan to take it easy and sew the binding and label on my quilt that I'm entering in the quilt show later this month.  I got it back from my wonderful quilter Ginny this past Tuesday and she did a fabulous job.  In the actual blocks she used an invisible thread to outline the houses and different pieces in the blocks for stability, then in the borders she got creative.  here are a few shots, hope you can see her beautiful work:




While we were in Spokane this past week we met with CR's new medical oncologist.  His PSA, while still considered very low, doubles every 3 months and that is a big concern.  He's maxed out his radiation, so it was time to get a medical oncologist involved.  Later this month he will have several scans and then we'll review it all with the Oncologist and get a path forward for him.  We really like her and feel that he is in good hands.

Yesterday, part of doing to much was baking Snickerdoodle Muffins.  Oh good grief they are good:


Our son-in-law had some from a bakery and they sounded so good, so I knew I'd seen a recipe on a site that I follow and when we got home I looked it up and I baked.  The recipe called for sour cream and I didn't have any, so I used plain greek yogurt and you'd never know.  CR and I both LOVE snickerdoodle cookies, and these are just as good as the cookies. 

I also made a label for my quilt, I made it in the shape of the houses that make up the quilt and I'll sew it onto the back as well.  This is the first time I've made a label, yeah, I know I should label all my quilts, but I don't. 


This whole spring forward - setting the clocks ahead an hour sucks.  I hate losing an hour of sleep, there is just something wrong with that idea.  So rather than getting up at 9, I got up at 10 this morning.  But my body really thought it was 9, oh the confusion this change creates.  Well it was good to sleep so late, obviously I needed it.

The weather is in the 50's, but the skies are still grey.  I'm looking forward to sunshine and warm spring weather.

Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tam

5 comments:

Jackie said...

Your quilter did a nice job. I like your label too. I need to get my quilts labeled.

The snickerdoodle muffins look wonderful. It's probably my favorite cookie.

So glad to hear that your pain this time around was controlled. These days there is no reason to hurt.

The time changes always bother me. While it's going to be nice that it is light later in the evenings, it's going to be hard to get up early for work. I wish they'd just stop it and leave mother nature alone.

Jennifer said...

So glad to hear that the pain meds work......now you know it's all right to go along that path next time, but don't do too much while you are recovering!

Your quilter certainly did a good job, and your label really tells the quilt's story.

Yum, I bet your house smelled good when you were baking!

Ulla said...

Your muffins look delicious! Well done with the label, I try to label all my quilts too. It must feel good that the chemo is over for now. Take good care of yourself!

Lady of the Cloth said...

I am glad you are feeling better. I love your quilt and
the muffins look so good. My son who lives near you loves snicker doodle cookies, so he would love these.
I may get over your way next month, I hope we can get together one day. I'd love to see you again.

Sweet Tea said...

Do pace yourself, Tammy. It's really hard to slow down when you're a "Doer", isn't it? I know nothing about quilting but I still enjoy seeing your work. . .I think I can smell those yummy muffins. You have had a busy day.