Thursday, April 24, 2014

A New Kitchen

We are finalizing details and measurements to redoing our very old kitchen.  I will certainly be posting before and during and after pictures of our face lift.  In the meantime, I've been busy picking out what I want and I thought it would be fun to share some of it with you all.

From the showroom - our cabinets will be very simple and in a Mocha colored Maple:


For the counter tops, I have picked a coriann product called sugarloaf, they will mold in an under mount double sink in a cream color:


Then for the back splash I chose the 12x12 mosaic tile slabs in cream/ivory tones:


Everything is neutral enough that I can change my paint color and accessories and make the kitchen look new when ever I feel like it.  Which due to the whole painting thing, won't be to often, haha.

I am so excited about this I can hardly wait to get started.

Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tam

7 comments:

Chris@Cats On My Quilts said...

Oh what fun! We did our kitchen about 10 years ago. At the time everyone was trying to talk me into granite but I didn't want something that needed fussing over so I got Corian and have loved it ever since.

Sweet Tea said...

Beautiful choice. It will be fun watching the transformation through photos.

Lady of the Cloth said...

I love your choices, beautiful. We have Corian and I hate it. It gets spots on it and is cracked on both sides of my stove from the heat. I have been unsuccessful in getting it repaired. The spots are from my husband setting wet glasses on the counter. I guess there is nothing they can do about that. I am sure they have improved it in the last 8 years though. Mine isn't nearly as pretty as yours either. Your cupboards are identical to mine. We must have similar tastes. When does the work start? I am hoping it will be done before your surgery.

Jackie said...

Love your choices - especially the warm color of the wood cabinets. I'd love to get our kitchen redone but it just isn't time for it now. I'm really looking forward to seeing your reno progress. Is everything going in the same layout or are you changing that too?

Candace said...

Ohhhhh...love your choices, Tammy! It's going to be SO pretty! Love your tablecloth, too! It sure went together fast!
Cheers!

Prairie Stitcher said...

Very pretty. We're working on our kitchen, too. Tearing things out...moving things....installing things....slowly but surely. You're going to love it.....me too. Both of our kitchens!

Judy said...

What fun! I bet you can hardly wait to see your new kitchen. Nice choices, especially the cabinets. I like the classic lines.