Sunday, April 13, 2014

Fabric Shopping Fun

As I promised, here are some of the wonderful finds from my Friday shopping trip to the big city!

First up I found this awesome Creative Grids 2&1/2 inch Ruler:


Then I found this really cute pattern for a 46 inch square table topper:


I just knew I had the perfect fabric at home to make this from my stash:


Remember that table runner I made a week or so ago, the one that took 6 fat quarters.  Well I picked out some lovely fabric to make my Aunt Shirley one to take back when I visit in October:


Then I got some Minnick and Simpson Grant Park fabric to make an "X Marks the Spot" quilt for my Aunt Jean as a quilt of valor for her.  She and her late husband were retired Marines.  One of the things we will be doing when I visit the Aunties in October is to take my Uncles ashes to Arlington National Cemetery.  I felt a quilt of valor for her was in order to honor her and his memory.  Here is the fabric and a picture of the pattern I'll use:



Then while at one of my favorite quilt shops in that area - Holly Hill, I found the cutest quilt kit and pattern that I just had to have:



And last, but not least, I have a couple more of my doggy block embroideries done:



I'm looking forward to getting my surgery date for my knee and then I can start planning and cleaning so all is in order.  However at the moment my knee is hurting so much that I'm going to take it easy for a couple of days.  I would like to do more, but my darn knee will not cooperate.

CR has been busy doing a couple repairs to the kitchen ceiling from when we had new lights installed and now that it's done (it involved sanding), I really need to do a good cleaning.  I've also noticed that all of a sudden I have cob webs hanging around.  It's like all of a sudden they showed up - what gives, they drive me crazy!!

Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tam

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Creative grids is a good ruler. I really like using them. X Marks the Spot had me going back to look at a couple of times. Is it Jelly Roll friendly? I have two I need to use. You had a wonderful stash day!

Joanna Jenkins said...

You are a girl after my own heart! LOVE, love, LOVE all the fabric and patterns. You're going to be busy but the projects all look fun and totally different which makes time fly.

I just finished up all my projects to take to Ohio in two weeks-- Three quilts (1 new baby and 2 graduations), four little skirts for my nearly 4 year old niece plus a "big sister" flannel blanket for my 3 year old niece. It was a lot of work but I'm happy with all of it and I think the kids will be pleased too.

Now all I have to do is clean up the HUGE mess in my sewing room. Ha!

xo jj