Monday, April 28, 2014

New Addition to the Family

Let me introduce you to Rascal.  He wandered onto our property a couple of weeks ago.  We had hoped he had a family somewhere and was just "catting around", but he didn't leave.  Today when CR and Maddie went out first thing this morning they startled him and he climbed the tree in front of our house.  Then he didn't come down, for a couple of hours.  I couldn't stand it any longer so I went outside and started talking to him and calling him Baby.  Well that was all it took, he came down, then we gave him some food (he's super skinny) and water and well................we called the vet to first scan him for a microchip to make sure he didn't belong to anyone, no chip, so wellness check, shots, feline leukemia (all clear) test and he's our new baby boy.

 

I have been calling him Baby, but while at the Vets office he was such an adorable little Rascal, that we have named him Rascal.  He's 5 pounds and malnourished.  He has his adult teeth so the vet feels he's over 6 months and perhaps closer to a year, but it's hard to tell he is just so small.  He is an absolute love.  While at the vet he put his paws on my chest and then climbed (gently up) to my neck to nuzzle me and to suck on my white sweatshirt jacket and purr and purr and purr.  He is so happy to have a home and you can tell he just loves us so much.  Now for the introduction to the boys we have, well that will take a little time - everybody has to smell everybody and a little hissing must happen to be sure.

Here are a couple more pictures of Rascal:

 

He found us and he adopted us and I think he's pretty darn happy about it all.  The assistant at the Vets office wanted to keep him he is just that sweet and loving.

On another note, CR bought me the cutest solar powered light the other day, I have it in a flower bucket on my deck.  I decorate the deck with frogs in the summer so he felt I'd love it and I do!!



Now I must attend to my new baby and get to know him better and give him all the love he's been missing.

Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tam

2 comments:

Judy said...

Welcome, Rascal!! It sounds like a perfect match for all of you. We had the same thing happen last year when Myrtle wandered up. Animals seem to sense which home is safe, don't they? I LOVE that frog light! What an awesome addition to your garden.

Jackie said...

Rascal is so handsome! I love his light green eyes. He definitely picked the right home to adopt him He'll be well taken care of and well loved.