Friday, May 23, 2014

Busy Days

Well the kitchen is pretty much empty except for the absolute necessities.  Even the junk drawer is empty.  The only cabinets left are those above the washer and dryer and I might leave those for CR to do.  We have plenty of time for those few.  Thought you might like to see my handy work:




Only a few empty shelves remain for the essentials and for the Espresso machine and latte making supplies.

CR and I picked out a new house numbers display that is reflective at night so people can see our house numbers.  We think it looks really nice.


Maddie was watching me - she's been watching my every move.  All the kids know something is up, it's just not normal for all the stuff in the kitchen to be taken out of that room and put in another.  She will be beside herself next week when I go to the hospital and stay for about 3 days.  Well I won't be any happier about it myself, hospitals suck, but it must be done.

Rascal has taken to napping on CR's computer chair.  I don't know what it is about that chair but all 3 cats are enamored with it.   Rascal surely lives up to his name and then when he's napping, he's so sweet, so innocent - almost angelic - ALMOST.  Did I tell you that we took him in for shots this past week and he went from 5 pounds 12 ounces to a hefty 8 pounds.  He is by no means chubby, he's just not skin and bones now.  He's got all his shots, he's been wormed and that culture came out well, he's been neutered and he's good till his next appointment in a year.  Someone dumped a wonderful pet and I'm so thankful they dumped him here!!  He still has to snuggle my neck and purr and several times a day.  Such a love!!

 
 
He's getting along better with everyone, but there is still room for improvement.  Oh and the doggy has such a fluffy tail - that gets him into so much trouble!!

We are tired at this house and hoping to relax a bit this weekend.  For most it's a long holiday weekend, so tell me will you go somewhere or will you stay home? 

Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tam

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Funny, our cats have often enjoyed a snooze on the computer chair......perhaps the shape is comfortable? Wow, you've certainly been busy!

Candace said...

Yes! Let Cliff do the last few cupboards, and tell him I said so ;>) You deserve a rest in your beautifully painted house, Tammy! I can see you now on the deck with your iced latte, feet up and enjoying a day off!
Cheers!

Joanna Jenkins said...

The house looks fantastic! So glad that's off your to-do list, Tammy.

I smiled when you mentioned your "junk drawer". I think every house on the planet has one... or two... or three.

Have a great weekend and relax a little too.
xo jj