Monday, May 26, 2014

Rhubarb Custard Pie

A few weeks ago I saw this recipe and I think I saw it on Facebook, or a link that was on Facebook, darn if I can remember.  The thing is I tried it last weekend and then yesterday I made another one for CR.  He thinks it is the all time best Rhubarb pie he's ever eaten.  So I thought I'd show you a picture and share the recipe and I'm so sorry I can't give proper credit to where I got it.


Rhubarb Custard Pie

Ingredients:
Preheat Oven to 425 Degrees

Pastry for a 9 inch pie plate (I'll admit it right now I use Pillsbury cuz I hate to make pie crust)

3 large eggs
3 tablespoons milk
1 3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup flour

Beat this together and then add 4 cups of sliced rhubarb and combine.

Go ahead and add this to the crust,

Topping:
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup flour

Use a pastry blender or forks to blend that cold butter into the brown sugar flour mixture until it is crumbly. 

Spread the topping over the pie

Bake for 40 to 50 minutes until a knife inserted comes out clean

Hope you enjoy this as much as CR does!!

Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tam

4 comments:

Judy said...

Mmmm, that looks and sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe with us.

Lady of the Cloth said...

I must be the week for Rhubarb. I made a huge crisp as well, only no crust because I am trying to watch my weight and besides I didn't have a box of Pillsbury crusts and was lazy. I made it in a 9X13 pan and use almost the exact recipe you do. This time I mixed three granny Smith apples in and it was really good. I have enough for another pie and so I may make the crust today and the pie toward the end of the week.
Good luck on your surgery. I wish you a speedy recovery.

Candace said...

Oh boy, does that ever sound good, Tammy! Thanks for the recipe. I know it's getting close and you'll do just fine! You've accomplished so much that you won't have any other worries and your healing should go fast!
Cheers!

Jennifer said...

Oh, that does sound good! I know I have some rhubarb in the freezer, but not that much......shall have to see if it's available.