Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Stand Off's

I just realized that it's been awhile since I posted.  With a new baby in the house I've been a bit busy.  Rascal has needed a lot of love and extra attention and a lot of food.  Poor little guy finally has a normal appetite rather than a ravenous one.  He's been neutered and seems to have no ill effects from that little adventure.  But now that he's able to be with the family, well, as always, there are some issues. 

Chanceman hissed at him a few times, but Chance is pretty cool and he rules the house, so it was just a matter of letting the "kid" know who was boss.  Scotchie on the other hand is usually the one to hide and although talkative, is pretty shy and reserved - that is until Rascal.  Scotchie apparently knows how to howl.  I call it singing the song of his people.  And he's been really singing a song lately.  It's not as bad or intense as it was, but there are more standoffs to be had I am sure.

Rascal started it earlier in the day, poor Scotchie was using his liter box when Rascal moseyed in and blocked Scothie's path out.  I broke it up and they went their separate ways.  Until later when Rascal was sniffing around and Scotch took the opportunity to give it back to him.  A good lesson for Rascal.  This picture says it all.


 
I think Scotchie kept him in there for about 10 minutes and then got bored and left.  No fighting, just the glare of a cat who is not amused with the little pill.

The one problem that has me concerned and watchful is that Rascal growls when Maddie is near.  Maddie could care less about the cats and if she is near him it's because we are around and she's giving us her attention.  So I tap him and say no and I hope this issue ends soon.  I would imagine that a dog has chased him and it will just take awhile for him to realize this dog means him no harm. 

Rascal was at the window in my sewing room this afternoon, just chilling and watching the kids walking home from school.  So I snapped a few pictures.  He is so darn cute it is really hard to scold him.





He definitely lives up to his name, he is a Rascal.  On the other hand he is a big snuggle bunny too.  He loves to nuzzle my neck and he drools while nuzzling, he purrs so loud and rubs my face with his face and he can do this for a good hour.  He loves attention and he loves us.  We feel pretty blessed that he wandered into our yard.

I finally finished the binding on my new tablecloth (with a lot of help from a Rascal, so it took me twice as long to get it done).  I also have been working each night on an embroidery project that will be a wall hanging.  Today I put the final stitches on it.


The weather is really nice here, despite the hot and muggy 90 degree day we had last week, we are back in the 70's now.  The lawn is growing like a weed so Cliff has had the lawn mowers start up again.

Today was my pre-op for knee replacement surgery.  I also got my handicap sign, thankfully, darn knee is so painful and it's hard to walk much.  This will help before and after surgery till I'm stable on the new knee.  Tomorrow I got to a joint replacement class at the hospital and then do all my pre-registration stuff.  Then on Thursday the 29th, I get a new knee.  It's going to be a busy few weeks, lots going on around the house with new siding and we should be ordering the new cabinets for the kitchen this week as well.  I also want to clean and dust really well so I can come home and relax and heal and not feel like I need to clean immediately.  And I'd like to get going on getting stuff out of the kitchen that we don't use so we don't have as much to do when it's time for cabinets.

So if I'm absent from the blog or I don't post much, well I think I'm going to be really busy for a while.  I will post and let y'all know that the knee replacement went well, I'll be in the hospital for 3 days, so it won't be immediately after surgery, but I will check in.

Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tam

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Glad to hear that Rascal is settling in well. Maddie and him will work it out on their own terms.

Jennifer said...

Rascal is a gorgeous young feller, isn't he! I don't blame you for losing your heart to him. The cats and Maddie will sort out the pecking order in time, animals are pretty good at that - meanwhile, a spray bottle filled with water might help if Rascal goes somewhere you don't want him to. It won't hurt him but gets the message across. If he still doesn't get it, then add a little vinegar to the water......he won't like that!

Candace said...

Don't you just love their antics?! Not a day goes by with our girls that they don't make us laugh or do something interesting! We also call their little "conversations" singing the song of their people - lol! Look at you go on the stitcheries! That one will be beautiful, Tammy!
Cheers!